1080p 144hz monitor or 1440p (2k) 60hz monitor?

radhamescambero

Commendable
May 6, 2017
I play all types of video-games, gta 5, quake champions (beta), battlefield 1, nba 2k17, forza horizon 3, league of legends (sometimed, rocket league, cs-go (sometimes), rise of the tomb raider, dark souls 3 (sometimes).

I like a lot the graphics on video-games (I care a lot about it), but I also like how 60fps looks like because when I play a video-game in 30fps it doesn't look smooth, and I think that 144hz monitor will be a new experience and everyone says that.

I have an rx 480 which can handle most of the games at 1440p/2k 60fps witn not problem.

Tell me wich one to choose from your own experience playing games like this.

Thank You!!

Solution
This is really a subjective question. Some gamers prefer 1080p at faster Hz, others prefer higher resolution at 60Hz. I've tested a G-Sync 1080p 144Hz monitor against my 60Hz Dell 1440p monitor on shooters and racing games. For my eyes, I preferred the more fluid "motion" if you will with the 144Hz monitor, but for racing I prefer my 1440p monitor for the higher resolution and track draw distance clarity capabilities.

With the exception of looking to the side at trees and spectator stands, I did not notice that much difference looking straight ahead down the track when inside the car between 60Hz/60FPS and roughly 110Hz/110FPS which is what my PC would do in G-Sync in Project Cars.
This is really a subjective question. Some gamers prefer 1080p at faster Hz, others prefer higher resolution at 60Hz. I've tested a G-Sync 1080p 144Hz monitor against my 60Hz Dell 1440p monitor on shooters and racing games. For my eyes, I preferred the more fluid "motion" if you will with the 144Hz monitor, but for racing I prefer my 1440p monitor for the higher resolution and track draw distance clarity capabilities.

With the exception of looking to the side at trees and spectator stands, I did not notice that much difference looking straight ahead down the track when inside the car between 60Hz/60FPS and roughly 110Hz/110FPS which is what my PC would do in G-Sync in Project Cars.

Solution