[SOLVED] 1080p and 1440p resolution options gone

Darrai

Commendable
Jan 19, 2021
Hi,
Today I noticed that the resolution from the game I was playing changed and when I wanted to change it back I noticed that the options for 1080p and 1440p where not availble in the settings. I checked the displaysettings on windows 10 and there the options for those resolutions were also gone.

I already tried to rollback the drivers from my graphics card (RTX 2080 Super) but that did nothing (I've updated them again by now).

Does anybody know what is wrong?

I've included a screenshot so you can see the options I get when changing resolutions.
Thanks!

0HWPDSZ.png

Solution
Did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers? If not, do that. You will need to make sure you've got the installer for the latest Nvidia drivers on your system's drive in order to reinstall it manually. When installing any drivers, it's advised that you install them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Can you use CPU-Z to see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing for your motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
Did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers? If not, do that. You will need to make sure you've got the installer for the latest Nvidia drivers on your system's drive in order to reinstall it manually. When installing any drivers, it's advised that you install them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Can you use CPU-Z to see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing for your motherboard?

Reactions: Darrai
Solution

Darrai

Commendable
Jan 19, 2021

I did not use DDU to rollback the driver.
I went and did that and uninstalled the driver and after restarting the pc the driver reinstalled and everything was back to normal :)

Thanks alot for your help!
Have a great day.
Dario

TRENDING THREADS