[SOLVED] 1080p Gaming PC

Feb 5, 2020
Hello!

I'm trying to build a new PC for 1080p gaming and the more that I looked reviews and comments, the more I get confused. So I thought that I should open an thread to ask and maybe discuss about parts. You can check my build below link but I also want to write important parts separately.

https://www.alza.cz/EN/Order1.htm?list=1#sel=47929674

Processor: Ryzen 5 3600 - I'm pretty sure that this is good choice and budget friendly. I don't think OC,
Motherboard: Asus Tuf B450-Gaming Plus - I was planning to buy this but lots of people suggests MSI Tomahawk Max. But when I check at partpicker, it says it may be trouble for BIOS thing.
Graphic Card: Sapphire Pulse 5600 XT - Also, I think that it is a good choice. Sapphire is the cheapest but read good reviews.
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB - I'm not sure between this and Crucial MX500.
PSU: I choose Seasonic but I don't know Corsair or Evga is better or not.
Monitor: Asus 25" VG258Q Gaming - It seems good and not so expensive.

Please feel free to write comments for every part. I don't have good knowledge about hardware parts for years. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Solution
Hello!

I'm trying to build a new PC for 1080p gaming and the more that I looked reviews and comments, the more I get confused. So I thought that I should open an thread to ask and maybe discuss about parts. You can check my build below link but I also want to write important parts separately.

Processor: Ryzen 5 3600 - I'm pretty sure that this is good choice and budget friendly. I don't think OC,
Motherboard: Asus Tuf B450-Gaming Plus - I was planning to buy this but lots of people suggests MSI Tomahawk Max. But when I check at partpicker, it says it may be trouble for BIOS thing.
Graphic Card: Sapphire Pulse 5600 XT - Also, I think that it is a good choice. Sapphire is...
Hello!

Graphic Card: Sapphire Pulse 5600 XT - Also, I think that it is a good choice. Sapphire is the cheapest but read good reviews.
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB - I'm not sure between this and Crucial MX500.
PSU: I choose Seasonic but I don't know Corsair or Evga is better or not.
Monitor: Asus 25" VG258Q Gaming - It seems good and not so expensive.

Please feel free to write comments for every part. I don't have good knowledge about hardware parts for years. Thanks in advance!

CPU: That's a good choice

Motherboard: You would probably be better compatibility wise with the MSI B450 Tomohawk Max than the Gaming Plus... the B450 motherboards came out before the Ryzen 3000 cpu's did so they need to be updated to latest bios for it to recognise the cpu. B450 'Max' versions of motherboards are updated to support Ryzen 3000 out of the box so a 'Max' board is the safer choice.

Graphics board: Looks good

SSD: Those look like standard SSD drives, not a problem but you can usually get the faster NVME based drives for similar money so I would look at one of those instead.

PSU: Seasonic is a good brand, no issues there. Look for a gold rated unit ideally, 600W should be plenty for your build (a little more won't hurt if it doesn't cost too much more).

Reactions: Aresny
Solution

HALIFAX3

Reputable
Apr 24, 2019
That is a good build. I didn’t see anything pertaining to ram. Just make sure it’s ddr4 and at least 3200mhz, preferably at least 16 GB as well. Any top tier psu from the manufacturers you’ve listed will do and perhaps stay within 600-650 Watts. Both of the SSD’s listed are pretty close in performance so what ever is cheaper at the time of purchase.

Feb 5, 2020
Thanks for the answers. After your comments and little more research I changed some parts. It seems good for me and I will order today =)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jr8927

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
+ ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSport Duo - I read that Wraith Stealth isn't so good. I just added "not too expensive (also has good reviews) product that available in store"
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max - Changed according your suggest and other reviews.
Sapphire RX 5600 XT 6GB Pulse
Patriot Viper 4 16 GB (2x8GB) 3400 MHz - I was planning to buy HyperX 16GB 3200 MHz but this is cheaper and also read some good reviews. I hope it will work fine.
Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2 - I changed it to M.2. Also I think 500GB will be enough. There is a good discount for this.
Seagate BarraCuda 2TB
Fractal Design Define C Case
SeaSonic Focus 650W Gold Semi-Modular - Changed. 650W, semi modular and also good price.

Reactions: cdrkf
Thanks for the answers. After your comments and little more research I changed some parts. It seems good for me and I will order today =)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jr8927

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
+ ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSport Duo - I read that Wraith Stealth isn't so good. I just added "not too expensive (also has good reviews) product that available in store"
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max - Changed according your suggest and other reviews.
Sapphire RX 5600 XT 6GB Pulse
Patriot Viper 4 16 GB (2x8GB) 3400 MHz - I was planning to buy HyperX 16GB 3200 MHz but this is cheaper and also read some good reviews. I hope it will work fine.
Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2 - I changed it to M.2. Also I think 500GB will be enough. There is a good discount for this.
Seagate BarraCuda 2TB
Fractal Design Define C Case
SeaSonic Focus 650W Gold Semi-Modular - Changed. 650W, semi modular and also good price.

Looks like a very nice machine, enjoy!