Question 1080p on 900p monitor

natedog1636

Honorable
BANNED
Aug 9, 2018
So I have a GT 1030 and a A4 7210 and it bottle necks, and I want to up my resolution to make the games more GPU intensive, my monitor is 900p and I was wondering if there is some way to trick it into thinking it is running at 1080p but in reality it is running in 900p... it's kinda hard to explain.

The only thing that is going to do is to make your graphics card even slower than it already is. Which solves nothing. Both your graphics card and your CPU are weak, so chances are good there is little you can do to fix this issue without upgrading some hardware. Primarily, a new CPU would be a good idea.

As for the resolution, unfortunately the GT 1030 does not support Nvidia Dynamic super resolution, so no, you can't trick it into thinking it's a higher resolution. What you CAN do is increase the in game settings slightly, but all you are really going to do there is shift the bottleneck to the graphics card, which is already probably incapable of performing even minimally well on any semi demanding game titles. My suggestion would be, much as it probably isn't helpful, that you look at upgrading to a whole new platform OR at least try to find a good used A8 or A10 CPU that might help to at least somewhat mitigate some of your CPU bottleneck.

In reality, this is a case where BOTH the CPU and graphics card are bottlenecks, or more appropriately, simply not sufficient for the task.

natedog1636

Honorable
BANNED
Aug 9, 2018
I am already building a new system but it takes a while when you don't have a job and your parents arnt too keen on you building one so I just need a way to get by in the mean time

You don't owe me any explanations. I'm simply telling you the hard cold truth about the system you have now. I could lie to you and say "sure, you could do this and this...." but that's all it would be, is a lie.

What games are you trying to run on that hardware and what in game settings are you trying to use?

Also, it's hard to feel sorry for somebody looking to game, when they maybe, should be focusing on the job prospects instead. Just saying. I don't know your situation, and I don't need to, but maybe if you had one your parents wouldn't be on your back AND you might be able to scrape together a better system. So maybe that ought to be the priority, but I'm not your parent and it's not for me to say what you should do. I can only offer suggestions. The rest is your business, not mine.