Question 1080p Resolution disappeared after screen replacement

Dec 15, 2019
I have an ACER v3-574G Laptop that I bought about 4 years ago and still working well until now, except for the screen which encountered an LCD problem (entire screen turning into color of magenta) previously.

As the only solution (I think) was to replace the screen, so I had it replaced with a new one. All was back to normal, but I noticed a change in the resolution. Before the screen was replaced, my max resolution was at 1920 x 1080, but after replacement, it was only 1366 x 768. The 1080p resolution disappeared from the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, nor can i Access advanced settings.

The technician that replaced my screen used an external monitor via VGA port when he was doing the replacement. Is it possible that that is what caused it?
I did check dxdiag before and after the repair, and nothing changed, all specs are the same.

Anyway, my system specs are as follows:

Windows 10 Home build 15063
Intel Core i5-5200U 2.20 Ghz (4 CPUs)
8 Gb RAM
DirectX version 12
Intel HD Graphics 5500 128Mb Display Memory (VRAM)
NVIDIA GEFORCE 940M with 4Gb Dedicated VRAM
1Tb HDD

Thank you in advance.

Dec 15, 2019
I tried using CRU just to view available resolutions supported by my display adapter. The 1920 x 1080 is listed. But in the Intel HD Control Panel, it isn't on the list.

Does this mean that even if my display adapter/graphics driver supports that resolution if my screen can't, it can't be used?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS