Question 1080p scaling issue

CamBargera

Commendable
Jan 14, 2020
So I have a Gtx 1070, an I7 9700k and 32 gigs of ram in my system. I recently bought a new msi 27' 1080p gaming monitor. I noticed that it seemed like it wasnt really 1080p as the icons were fairly large and games seemed squished into the frame. I thought it was just how the monitor was. However today I bought an Acer nitro 27' and its having the same issue. But when I hooked the Msi monitor to a different pc it looks super crisp and well, what 1080p SHOULD look like. I have the latest drivers, all my settings in both windoes and nvidia say its running at 1080p but after comparing the two its clearly not. Ive been scowering the internet but cant find any fix. Any ideas?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Have you removed your GPU drivers and reinstalled? I've seen it happen before (albeit rarely) where the auto-detection of resolution can leave in a sort of resolution-limbo, some aspects are fine, others are not.

I'd suggest running DDU in safemode, fully removing your GPU drives and then rebooting/reinstalling.

Reactions: CamBargera

CamBargera

Commendable
Jan 14, 2020
So I just tried runnind DDU in safe mode, reinstalled my drivers and same issue. I even bought a new displayport 1.4 cable and that didnt help. I just used the same cord and monitor on a second pc i have and it looks perfectly fine. I'm completely clueless at this point

CamBargera

Commendable
Jan 14, 2020
Have you removed your GPU drivers and reinstalled? I've seen it happen before (albeit rarely) where the auto-detection of resolution can leave in a sort of resolution-limbo, some aspects are fine, others are not.

I'd suggest running DDU in safemode, fully removing your GPU drives and then rebooting/reinstalling.

Also for reference I have an Asus 34' 3440x1440p monitor that I had the same sort of scaling issue with, however today when I used the new cord it looks way better than it used to, but the Acer and MSI monitors still look odd

CamBargera

Commendable
Jan 14, 2020
So I swapped graphics cards from pc to pc and got the same exact results. After a fresh install of windows i can gladly say it fixed the issue.
But much like thanos, it cost me everything