[SOLVED] 1080p vs 1440p for movies

PedroL2000

Reputable
Feb 1, 2021
I'm currently using a 24 inch 1080p monitor and for me netflix and youtube look a bit blurry as I'm used to a higher PPI from a 17inch laptop. Would a 1440p 27 inch make any difference at all or not?

Solution
netflix and youtube look a bit blurry as I'm used to a higher PPI
all depends on the resolution of the videos you're watching.

2160p(4K) videos downscaled to these smaller resolutions would be a much better option.

consider that with a 1440p monitor any 1080 video resolution will need to be expanded to fit the 1440 resolution so it's pixels will be spaced/stretched further.

most TVs use special tech to "combat" this issue so smaller res videos will look just as good, near to, or even better than original.
but most monitors or laptop screens do not use the same type tech.

i really can't even imagine watching movies or shows on a screen as small as you're mentioning in this age.
my recommendation would be to get a real TV with...
netflix and youtube look a bit blurry as I'm used to a higher PPI
all depends on the resolution of the videos you're watching.

2160p(4K) videos downscaled to these smaller resolutions would be a much better option.

consider that with a 1440p monitor any 1080 video resolution will need to be expanded to fit the 1440 resolution so it's pixels will be spaced/stretched further.

most TVs use special tech to "combat" this issue so smaller res videos will look just as good, near to, or even better than original.
but most monitors or laptop screens do not use the same type tech.

i really can't even imagine watching movies or shows on a screen as small as you're mentioning in this age.
my recommendation would be to get a real TV with a decent sized screen(32+"), save your eyes the strain, and sit back comfortably and enjoy the experience much more.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS