[SOLVED] 1080ti/2070s/2080

laker1706

Reputable
Jul 5, 2017
Hi guys.
I'm looking for a new GPU as I'm about to get a 4K monitor (27UL650)
Those are my 3 options:
Used 1080 ti for 350-450$
New 2070 Super for 650$
Used 2080 for 650$ (w/ warranty)
COD MW is the most GPU consuming game I'll be playing.
Thanks in advance!

Solution
Thanks for the info. In your case and plans, the 1080 Ti is looking to be the best option. Partly this is due to your it 6600k. These days, 4C/4T CPUs are showing their age and will cause you to lose a good amount of FPS in AAA titles. The extra $ spent on faster cards will be losing some performance from your CPU, even OC'd. Even today, it's a great card with plenty of life left.
Depends on budget of course, or what you really want to spend. How long would you want this card to last? What are full system specs? Any interest in ray tracing in near term? Had a 1080 Ti myself paired with my previous 4k 60Hz panel. Worked well for me, but going to be a stretch for newer titles going forward for 4k gaming if you want very high IQ settings. That said, even the 2080 option isn't much faster that 1080 Ti except titles optimized for Turing architecture and benefit of ray tracing on games that can utilize it.

laker1706

Reputable
Jul 5, 2017
Depends on budget of course, or what you really want to spend. How long would you want this card to last? What are full system specs? Any interest in ray tracing in near term? Had a 1080 Ti myself paired with my previous 4k 60Hz panel. Worked well for me, but going to be a stretch for newer titles going forward for 4k gaming if you want very high IQ settings. That said, even the 2080 option isn't much faster that 1080 Ti except titles optimized for Turing architecture and benefit of ray tracing on games that can utilize it.
I've got an I5 6600K which I plan to overclock and 16gb 2400mhz ram.
No specific budget and I plan to not upgrade my pc in the next 3 years at least.
No interest in ray tracing really

Thanks for the info. In your case and plans, the 1080 Ti is looking to be the best option. Partly this is due to your it 6600k. These days, 4C/4T CPUs are showing their age and will cause you to lose a good amount of FPS in AAA titles. The extra $ spent on faster cards will be losing some performance from your CPU, even OC'd. Even today, it's a great card with plenty of life left.

Reactions: laker1706
Solution