[SOLVED] 1080TI FE insane Overclock?

Ronin625

Honorable
Mar 14, 2017
www.flickr.com
Hello,

I'm new to overlocking, I watched a couple of videos and I downloaded afterburner and slowly upped my core and memory clocks on my 1080TI FE. I managed to get + 170 on my core and + 830 on memory. I decided not to push further because It seemed too good to be true but I'm no expert. Is this normal or safe? I ran GPU-Z render test each time and doesn't seem to be crashing. Temperature is below 80 celsius as well.

Thanks

View: https://imgur.com/a/GUAbO7E

Solution
It's safe to use, but depending on the kinds of temps your gpu normally sees, it may not be all that useful. The core voltage can be used to tell the gpu that it has a little more headroom for gpu boost.
With temps around 80C, it's best left alone... if they were closer to 60C, then it could prove to be worthwhile.

To help you out a little, here are more realistic core and memory clock offsets: +80 and +450. You can try working around those.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It's safe to use, but depending on the kinds of temps your gpu normally sees, it may not be all that useful. The core voltage can be used to tell the gpu that it has a little more headroom for gpu boost.
With temps around 80C, it's best left alone... if they were closer to 60C, then it could prove to be worthwhile.

To help you out a little, here are more realistic core and memory clock offsets: +80 and +450. You can try working around those.

Solution

Ronin625

Honorable
Mar 14, 2017
www.flickr.com

Thanks, man. However, I encountered another problem... for some reason my clocks are now constant, they used to change depending on if I'm playing or not. Now my core changes a bit when I play and my memory stays the same, whereas before it used to go as low as 800, what happened? Thanks