1080ti Grapical Issues

May 3, 2018
Issue: 1080ti is producing weird graphical artifacts and glitches during games and video playback.

Build:

• i7 6700k

1080ti Rog strix Non-OC

Asus Z170-A

16GB RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

EVGA 750W G2

Monitor: Dell s2716dg

• Steps I have tried:

New monitor, 1440p and 1080p

New cables(DP, HDMI)

DDU

Complete format

memtest86

Updated bios and other drivers

Put my old 980 in, did not have any issues with it
Notes:

Temperatures seem stable, 30C idle and 65C load. Nothing is OC'd on this system.

Clocks and VRAM usage seem normal.

Pictures: PICTURES//

I purchased this card from a local retailer (memory express) and had purchased the in store replacement plan. I took the card in and was informed it was "stress tested overnight" with no issues. I was not able to receive a new one.

These issues crop up in League of Legends, Fortnite and most video playback. In league it will be a n "exploding" glitch and will fill my entire screen making it unplayable. Similar issues in fortnite.

What type of graphical glitches? Post pictures or elaborate.

If it's random green/purple/etc lines/dots appearing on the screen then that is classic artifacting and your graphics card is dying. Call bullsh1t on your local retailer and use that replacement warranty you bought.

Ask to see them test it right in front of you with Furmark. Look on their website if you don't know what Furmark is.

Also, stress test overnight sounds vaguely and remotely BS. You're not supposed to run a GPU stress test for 12 hours without checking on its temperatures every once in a while. Ask them what "stress test overnight" means and what programs they ran.

May 3, 2018

Pictures are in the post
pics

May 3, 2018

If you look at the first two fortnite pictures with the weird grapical blocks, I get the same blocks while watching videos. Whether it be youtube, or downloaded using VLC

For the two pics with the weird blocks, do they appear in everything and consistently appear? Even in the grey/bios screen or on the desktop? If so, that might be your monitor having problems.

Weird light blobs on your screen that always appear around the same place for different programs points more to a monitor problem.

May 3, 2018

The blocks appear in different spots and in screenshots, not just the display. As well I have tried a different 1440p and 1080p monitor with the same issues.