Question 1080ti Not Powering On / Being Detected After Running FurMark

May 14, 2023
Hey guys,

I just did a case swap from a coolermaster case to a NZXT H7 flow

At first everything was going good right and then I wanted to stress test the GPU - it's been stressed tested before in Furmark so I thought nothing of it

I ran furmark and instantly the PC locked up on me

I wasn't able to get it back on unless I swapped out the 1080ti with another 1080ti

Just wondering if there's anything I can do to reset that 1080ti?

It is an EVGA 1080ti SC2 if it matters & it's watercooled as well with a 240MM radiator using the NZXT g12 adaptor

Previously stress tests had the GPU at 50C - during full load (drawing 290W - used GPU Z to tell)

Now I can't get the system to post unless I use 1) another 1080ti or 2) internal graphics (from the i-7 12700k)

PSU is a Corsair 1000W if it matters

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Perhaps try and breadboard the innards as it came out of the Coolermaster chassis(which you've forgotten to mention) and see if the system regains functionality with the RTX2080Ti.

Corsair is the brand of the PSU while 1000W is the advertised wattage of the unit. How old is the PSU in your build?

Reactions: cartmanbrah
May 14, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Perhaps try and breadboard the innards as it came out of the Coolermaster chassis(which you've forgotten to mention) and see if the system regains functionality with the RTX2080Ti.

Corsair is the brand of the PSU while 1000W is the advertised wattage of the unit. How old is the PSU in your build?

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am not sure what you mean by that first sentence there "Perhaps try and breadboard the innards as it came out of the Coolermaster chassis(which you've forgotten to mention) and see if the system regains functionality with the RTX2080Ti."

I apologize if I sound like a newbie this is my first case swap.

The card is a 1080 TI

The PSU less than 2 years old. Was purchased new.

Build works fine with another 1080ti in there.

It's just that 1 1080ti won't post. I did try and put that 1080TI into another working build and it still won't display.

I honestly think I messed it up when I loaded the furmark stress test.

Is there any way to reset the card itself?

If you're needing to know what the old case was, it's a Cooler Master MasterBox MB600L black

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
breadboard
You build the entire system atop of a motherboard box.

It is an EVGA 1080ti SC2 if it matters & it's watercooled as well with a 240MM radiator using the NZXT g12 adaptor
make and model of the AIO used? Might want to see if the AIO's functioning, in case maybe an air bubble got into the pump chamber due to orientation...?

Reactions: cartmanbrah
May 14, 2023
breadboard
You build the entire system atop of a motherboard box.

make and model of the AIO used? Might want to see if the AIO's functioning, in case maybe an air bubble got into the pump chamber due to orientation...?
Thanks for explaining that.

So I basically did that. I put the GPU into another build. It wouldn't post into bios or display anything on the monitor. Another 1080TI works just fine in that same build - so we know that build is functioning properly.

The AIO being used for the GPU is: https://nzxt.com/product/kraken-x53

The AIO is new & was functioning properly but even if the AIO was incorrectly installed it should still post into bios/windows with bad temps.

I remember water cooling a card once and forgetting to connect the SATA power cable, still got into windows the temps were just high. Instantly when I connected the SATA power cable - temps went low again, but that's not the issue here. I'm not able to see anything at all on the monitor..

Card been has removed & re-inserted a couple times so it's seated properly & has adequate power (since another 1080ti works)

Are you familiar with any sort of way of resetting these 1080 ti's?

What I think happened is..

I think I applied too much voltage to the overclock in MSI afterburner, then ran furmark, and it messed up..

Any fix for that that you know of? Any way to reset the card? Otherwise I might have to send it in to this guy or something:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imidPluSN2c

Last edited:
May 14, 2023
Update:
Took the card apart from the AIO, I am shocked.. The die is like damaged and scratched in area's

IMG-2174.jpg

It wasn't like this when the AIO was put on

It was running properly before furmark lol

This is wild.. I guess it has to be repaired

here's a close up: (it's literally like it's scratched/exploded or some <Mod Edit>) it smells odd too

IMG-2175.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: