[SOLVED] 1080ti Overclocks Not Holding Anymore

ccoo84

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013
The Past Week & a half I have been getting allot of crashing in my games which I think is due to my over clocking I think, I use to have the Core clock @ +140 & it held up great for the past year. Even though the MSI auto OC said it could run +163

I heard people have been talking about this Windows update that messed with games so I have uninstalled that.

Maybe I should try to reinstall Afterburner, then repaste my card, its been at least a year now I think since the last time.

I hope nothing is going wrong with the card, I can't afford another one right now.

Is there anyone else having problems or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
You have to consider hardware degradation. That card is atleast 5 years old now. Constant overclock does just that. Degradates the chip and components faster. 140mhz on the core is nothing even when it comes down to actual fps. What do you gain, 3/4 fps at best if even that? Just don't.
Just lay off the overclock, it could be anything. Maybe you need to add more voltage.
It could be driver related, there are just so many things that could cause this issue.

Personally I would just leave it as is. If you choose not to add some more voltage.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
You have to consider hardware degradation. That card is atleast 5 years old now. Constant overclock does just that. Degradates the chip and components faster. 140mhz on the core is nothing even when it comes down to actual fps. What do you gain, 3/4 fps at best if even that? Just don't.

Solution