[SOLVED] 1080ti same price as 2080ti

Sep 15, 2019
Hi all,

This question needs to be asked again since change over time, and old threads are no longer relevant. This is for Canada market only.
I'm looking to build a new PC, ground up, all new. Where I am stumped is the 1080ti is the SAME price as 2080ti. In fact it averages at slightly more expensive than the 2080ti.

a. does anyone have any opinion on why this is happening? 1080ti is a great sure, but in mid September 2019, it is hardly feasible to buy a 3 year old card for $1,600-1800? It also hurts that it is that high considering all the forums are filled with people that apparently bought the card when it was $600-700 (not sure if USD or CAD).

b. is there something wrong with the 2080ti? i am aware there were issues with the first RTX card that hit the market, but now, is it even an issue?

Currently i am leaning towards the 2080ti only because the bloody price is the same. It would have to be significantly cheaper in order to consider the 1080ti.

My searches were based on newegg and amazon. Ebay is hit and miss, and frankly there are honest people out there and a lot of thieves, and impossible to distinguish. So i avoid ebay all together for pc tech.

Solution
There are plenty of 3rd party sellers on newegg and amazon that ask insane prices for older hardware. They are just hoping for a sucker I guess.
Sep 15, 2019
There are plenty of 3rd party sellers on newegg and amazon that ask insane prices for older hardware. They are just hoping for a sucker I guess.
I agree with you and i confirmed this information with Canada computers today. The guy said the same thing you said. The card is obsolete and isn't even produced anymore. Frankly speaking, they are treating tech like it's vintage wine, it just doesn't work that way.