1080ti - SOME GAMES LOCKED AT 24FPS, ONLY ONE FAN SPINNING

KAFALDIFAX

Prominent
May 4, 2017
NEED SOME HELP IN CASE I MISSED SOMETHING!

I got an EVGA 1080 TI SC2 last night and popped it in. First thing i noticed is that P fan spins up at post then stops. Second is some games (BF1, NMS, FALLOUT4) i can only achieve a max of 24fps no matter how high or low the settings are. The GTX 760 i took out ran most games on comparable settings at 50+FPS. Third issue is that XOC crashes when trying to change LED setting on the card. I would like to note all my troubleshooting steps took place both before and after a clean windows install/driver install. They are as follows:

Tried different PCI slot
Used different output on PSU
Confirmed CPU and RAM functioning
Confirmed gaming integrity with 760
Removes XOC completely
Clean windows install
Clean driver install
FAIL!

Another thing to note is that throughout the process i tried using XOC to set fan speed profiles. The GPU fan would reflect any changes i made in the software however the P fan remained still no matter how aggressive i set it. I got temps up to 60° C and still nothing (again this is with fan set to kick on at 100% @ 30° C). I tried linking the fans and nothing. My rig is as follows:

ROG X58 RAMPAGE FORMULA 3
i7 980x (NO OC)
24g GSKILL 1600 DDR3
SAMSUNG 840 PRO SSD
RAIDMAX 1000W GOLD PSU
WIN 10 64
EVGA GTX 1080 TI SC2

I know its an older rig but there is no reason why it shouldnt handle this upgrade. Any help will be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!

-Mark

EDIT: DX 12 IS UP TO DATE AS WELL. WHEN I HOVER OVER THE "P" FAN SETTINGS IN XOC IT JUST SAYS NA

Get_Out

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
I think its looks great with those cinematic 24 fps. I think your computer is trying to tell you something. But in all seriousness you may try to just RMA your card because if have tired all of that than the card is probably broken or defective in some way.

KAFALDIFAX

Prominent
May 4, 2017
I have started the RMA process and Newegg stepped up to overnight me a new unit at no charge. I have read a lot of other articles with similar symptoms however there were no real resolutions. I did read a bit that VSYNC and resolution may play a part. I will be testing it on my Samsung 8500 4k tv this evening but as you said i believe the card is wonky.

P.S.- It has been telling me stuff for years and will be for many more to come :) I love my old battleship!