Question 1080ti usage dropping to 0% causing micro stuttering

Sep 3, 2020
My rig:
GPU: ASUS STRIX 1080ti
CPU: Intel i7 6700K @ 4.6
Motherboard: ASUS Z270
RAM: Corsair Vengeance PRO 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 @ 2666 MHz
PSU: Corsair CX750
Case and cooling: NZXT h510 elite. custom loop with front 280mm radiator with two intake fans. rear 120mm radiator with exhaust fan and one top exhaust 140mm fan.
Operating System & Version: Windows 10 Home Version 2004 build 19041.508
GPU Drivers: game ready driver version 452.22
Description of Original Problem: So for the past couple of months I have been experiencing this issue while playing war zone. I have set all my graphics settings to low and followed every video there was pertaining to my issue however none of them worked. Basically what happens is at random times, I have not noticed a pattern, I get micro stutters lasting 2 seconds with complete fps frame. My in game fps counter shows fps drop to under 10. I have ray tracing and v-sync disabled. I have also tried to run the game with them enabled still causing the issue. I am able to set the game to the highest settings but still get the same micro stutter, just lasts a bit longer. I started to monitor everything while playing and the only thing that stood out to me is every time it would stutter, my GPU Usage would drop to 0% in ASUS GPU tweak software. My card is overclocked but it is cooled very well sitting at 50C during heavy use. My cpu usage rises to about 70% while it sits at around 65C. I recently purchased a new riser cable thinking that was my issue but the problem still persisted. My friend has almost an identical system as me but mines a bit better in terms of specs but he is able to run the game no problem. I should mention the problem only occurs in war zone and not the regular modern warfare multiplayer. I am able to get steady frames in that. I'm just trying to enjoy playing the game again, its become unplayable.
What I've tried with no success:
Clean driver install using DDU and safe mode
Tried multiple different pce-I ports on motherboard
checked bios, windows updates, Nvidia drivers, all windows drivers, war zone updates to make sure everything was up to date
Clean war zone install
ran cc cleaner
increased paging file size
tried to stock clock both cpu and gpu
turned on high performance mode
turned off gaming mode
turned off any overlays
many many other things which is why its really getting annoying. Asus support was no help so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS