[SOLVED] 10850k Running hot after turbo boost

May 26, 2022
Hey guys.

so I recently turned turbo boost back on after noticing a slight decrease in performance. My 10850k is teaching temps of 90c plus. Whilst playing games like battlefront 2 and alike

i just want to know if it’s safe? I don’t really know masses about computers.

My cooler is: Cooler Master Masterliquid Lite 240

Solution
The answer to your original query is whether it's safe: yes.

Would you like to try to do something about it? IF the prebuilt is still under warranty, I wouldn't want you messing with too much, because NZXT support should be assisting you.

Some things that can be done without too much trouble:
1)Flip that rear fan around to exhaust.
2)IF Msi Dragon Center is installed, uninstall it. It 'optimizes performance' by applying a cpu overclock without asking for user permission.
3)Bios > E-Z Mode. Disable/turn off Creator Genie, save and exit.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
How many cores get up there?
Do they sit there, or are they momentary spikes?

Please include:
-chassis make and model. EX: Cooler Master H500P Mesh.
-gpu make and model.
-AIO radiator location.
-location of fans, and what's intake/exhaust.

Is it safe? Yes, if they're spikes, but many would still consider that high for core temperatures in a game.

May 26, 2022
Case: NZXT H511 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Tempered Glass Window

GPU: MSI GeForce® RTX 3080 suprim X 10GB

the radiator is along the front there is one intake on the back and outtake on the top next to the CPU. While playing it sits at around 67-70 but it goes into those high numbers sometimes. All cores are around 70 but fluctuating they don’t stay at a solid number.

Last edited:
May 26, 2022
10 between 4-5 fluctuate into the high numbers but they all sit 70+ and I’m not sure mate it’s a pre build like I say I don’t have much knowledge regarding this type of stuff.

it’s from cyber power

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
All 10 cores do it? Sounds like an all core overclock is active, using too much voltage.
If you disable Turbo Boost, the all core OC will be disabled too. Re-enable TB, and the OC is back on too. Some Z-series mobos have it enabled by factory default.
Would need to know what the motherboard is to find out more.

You're in the clear if it's just spikes. At the very least, I would have that rear an flipped to exhaust.
Just for reference:
iu

May 26, 2022
Motherboard: MSI Z490-A PRO: ATX w
Yeah they all don’t sit at that static temp. They all fluctuate I think I was looking at the max value on hardware monitor

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Seems within spec for the most part. I run the 10900F watercooled with dual 280mm and I still see temperatures that high on occasion (Though the 3080Ti is probably responsible for that). But I don't have the benefit of MCE or more than the stock boost configuration (which is still 5.2Ghz on two cores and down from there)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The answer to your original query is whether it's safe: yes.

Would you like to try to do something about it? IF the prebuilt is still under warranty, I wouldn't want you messing with too much, because NZXT support should be assisting you.

Some things that can be done without too much trouble:
1)Flip that rear fan around to exhaust.
2)IF Msi Dragon Center is installed, uninstall it. It 'optimizes performance' by applying a cpu overclock without asking for user permission.
3)Bios > E-Z Mode. Disable/turn off Creator Genie, save and exit.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS