[SOLVED] 10850K undervolt

• Thread starter Deleted member 2861715
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2861715

I have a 10850K in a SFF casevand want to undervolt it while running at stock settings. I understand undervolting for GPUs where you control voltage to the card. However in my BIOS (MSI Z490I Unify) there are so many settings that I am baffled by what needs/needn’t be changed.

i know the core ratio is to be set to 48 (4800Mhz), but what about the core ratio mode and the ring ratio? As for the voltage control my board has adaptive, offset, override and one other setting. Do I select negative offset and keep decreasing from there? Any other settings to consider? Truth be told i have no idea what I’m doing. Thanks

Solution
I have a 10850K in a SFF casevand want to undervolt it while running at stock settings. I understand undervolting for GPUs where you control voltage to the card. However in my BIOS (MSI Z490I Unify) there are so many settings that I am baffled by what needs/needn’t be changed.

i know the core ratio is to be set to 48 (4800Mhz), but what about the core ratio mode and the ring ratio? As for the voltage control my board has adaptive, offset, override and one other setting. Do I select negative offset and keep decreasing from there? Any other settings to consider? Truth be told i have no idea what I’m doing. Thanks
If you are not doing manual OC, use negative voltage offset. That should lower voltage by that much in all work regimes.

If you are not doing manual OC, use negative voltage offset. That should lower voltage by that much in all work regimes.

Solution
Don't do it, it's not worth it.
You would have to decrease offset and every time run a full set of software to see at what point you start getting crashes, because different software has different thresholds on how much volts they are going to need so you will have to test everything you use on a daily level.
Also don't lock your CPU to 4.8 all core this will only decrease your performance.
If you want to save on power and get lower temps play with TDP settings,
Only worry about vcore if you notice that your mobo uses way too much of it.

D

Deleted member 2861715

Don't do it, it's not worth it.
You would have to decrease offset and every time run a full set of software to see at what point you start getting crashes, because different software has different thresholds on how much volts they are going to need so you will have to test everything you use on a daily level.
Also don't lock your CPU to 4.8 all core this will only decrease your performance.
If you want to save on power and get lower temps play with TDP settings,
Only worry about vcore if you notice that your mobo uses way too much of it.
The VR VOUT is often hitting 1.3V. Would it work if I left everything at stock and just changed the negative offset?

D

Deleted member 2861715

I just want to stay at stock. The i9 at stock itself is way overkill for my usage. Would it suffice to leave all the settings at stock and start reducing the voltage offset?

D

Deleted member 2861715

1.3 is ok if it does it under high load.
You can just decrease only that, but as I said you might get random crashes with random software.
Just played overwatch and got 1.335V + a max temp of 74c. Which aint bad but I'd definitely like stock settings + lower temps if possible. I will try messing with the offset.