[SOLVED] 10900k or 10700k ?

Jun 30, 2020
I would like your advice on which one of these to get. Not sure if the 10900k is worth it but more cores might become handy for future games i guess. My pc would be purely for gaming. Also what cooler would you recommend for each of these ? I was thinking noctua dh15.

Solution
The NH-D15 is likely not sufficient for the 10900K...save for at perhaps low, minimum base clock speeds, likely not a winning solution for gaming..(two extra unused/unneeded cores does not make up for clock speed)

If you already have the NH-D15 as your cooling solution, I'd for sure choose the 10700K of the two you options you listed...and even then, stock 'Intel-spec' operation and clock speeds would be likely to maintain good temps, I'd suspect..
The NH-D15 is likely not sufficient for the 10900K...save for at perhaps low, minimum base clock speeds, likely not a winning solution for gaming..(two extra unused/unneeded cores does not make up for clock speed)

If you already have the NH-D15 as your cooling solution, I'd for sure choose the 10700K of the two you options you listed...and even then, stock 'Intel-spec' operation and clock speeds would be likely to maintain good temps, I'd suspect..

Solution