farbods0

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009
Hey you guys I want to overclock my computer for borderlands 2 but no matter what I do it doesnt become stable. I have a MSI 870a mobo with a ati 5870 graphics card and a amd 1090t cpu. Im trying to go up to 4.0 ghz but it doesnt get past boot system. I do 20x at 4.0ghz and voltage at 1.36v I also have ddr3http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277 ram

Thank you

Ok for one, 1.56v is WAY to high for 3.8ghz. You need to try different settings for overclocking, set the multi at x18, and raise the FSB till you hit 4ghz, and test it. You might need to try different multi and fsb combos before you find the most stable OC. I have the 1100T at 4.1ghz and all I need is 1.47v to get it there. Your 1090T is no different. You might need more or less voltage than me to hit 4ghz tho.

Here is a screenshot (Note that where it says "CPU Frequency" that is my FSB or Front Side Bus).
nv8he0.jpg

sedativechunk

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

Hey it's your lucky day, I have a similar CPU, the 1045t AMD I just successfully overclocked at 3.8Ghz. Check out my guide:
http://eddieboot.com/amd-1045t-overclock-guide/

You're trying to get a 4.0Ghz? Sometimes you just can't get that high, if you are running 3.8Ghz though like me you should be great for Borderlands 2 (and everything else). Read my blog, I have some tips though if you didn't know about them, the Northbridge Frequency and HT Link frequency shouldn't go past 2,000Mhz, although if you just increased your clock ratio that shouldn't be a problem... alo some other silly things that might be stopping you.

Also, you might have to adjust your RAM timings a bit for it to work. There's no gaurantee's squeezing out that kind of power on these AMDs but it is doable. The other's are right here, your voltage is WAY to high. I have mine at 1.45 volts which is pretty good, try around that number or 1.47 volts for a 4Ghz overclock.

nna2

Distinguished

1.36V is a little low for 4GHz, especially on a 6 core PhII
try A) enabling LLC if it's an option on your motherboard and try ~1.45V
and if you don't have LLC try somthing like 1.6V-1.65V