[SOLVED] 10TB External Hard drive Case

Prahsper

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014
Hi,
I have 2 10TB external HD's and plan to get at least 2 more. But I don't want to have 2,3, or 4 EXT HD's out in the open requiring many USB parts and cables.
Is it possible to remove the drives from their original enclosures and store the drive of this size into a 4 slot external case? Is this possible? If so, can anyone recommend a good reliable external case to purchase? Thanks.

Solution
Hi,
I have 2 10TB external HD's and plan to get at least 2 more. But I don't want to have 2,3, or 4 EXT HD's out in the open requiring many USB parts and cables.
Is it possible to remove the drives from their original enclosures and store the drive of this size into a 4 slot external case? Is this possible? If so, can anyone recommend a good reliable external case to purchase? Thanks.
Depends on the drives and connection.

If the drive exposes a standard SATA connection when you take it out of the enclosure, probably.

Some external drives have the USB bridge built into the PCB, and those will not work.

For a 4 bay external, I have one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-HF2-SU3S2-SATA-Drive-Enclosure/dp/B072HW3C4C

USAFRet

Titan
Hi,
Depends on the drives and connection.

If the drive exposes a standard SATA connection when you take it out of the enclosure, probably.

Some external drives have the USB bridge built into the PCB, and those will not work.

For a 4 bay external, I have one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-HF2-SU3S2-SATA-Drive-Enclosure/dp/B072HW3C4C

Reactions: Prahsper
Solution

Prahsper

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014

TRENDING THREADS