Question 10tb WD Red can not initialize because of I/O device error

WanderMoon

Honorable
Dec 31, 2015
I have a fairly new WD Red Nas drive that was working until I tried setting up a Synology HDD enclosure now it makes some skipping noises and I can not initialize it in disk management it says; "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error."

I was using a different drive as the main drive for the Raid controller it also says the same thing.

I have read up on some fixes using command prompt, but the ones I have found required that I need the drives letter to initialize or format the disk in command prompt and command prompt doesn't seem to recognize that it is connected, though it does show up in disk management as Unknown/Not Initialized.

I don't care about the data on it because its all backed up. I'm just wondering if theres a way to fix it or if I need to send it in for replacement. It should still be under warranty, I've only had it a few months. The skipping/beeping noises only happen when the computer first starts up or the computer is trying to access it I believe.