[SOLVED] 10th Gen, WHAT IS IT?

Matthughes576

Honorable
Jul 2, 2015
So I'm creating a website, [removed], that will have a complete list of CPUs from both AMD and Intel. Now this project is still VERY earlier in it's developmental lifecycle and most likely will not be finished for quite some time. Now my question is; which one is 10th gen, Cascade Lake or Comet Lake (10900x vs 10900k)? They both claim to be 10th gen yet are different architectures, have different sockets, technologies, and were released at vastly different times. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. this is not meant to be a big thing. I mean that would be cool but I am really just creating a source for me and whoever finds this interesting. I just found that no one website really had a complete list (i.e. cpu-monkey, intel ark, etc).

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
So I'm creating a website, [removed], that will have a complete list of CPUs from both AMD and Intel. Now this project is still VERY earlier in it's developmental lifecycle and most likely will not be finished for quite some time. Now my question is; which one is 10th gen, Cascade Lake or Comet Lake (10900x vs 10900k)? They both claim to be 10th gen yet are different architectures, have different sockets, technologies, and were released at vastly different times. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. this is not meant to be a big thing. I mean that would be cool but I am really just creating a source for me and whoever finds this interesting. I just found that no one website really had a complete list (i.e. cpu-monkey, intel ark...

Gegemon007

BANNED
Feb 4, 2021
They are 10th gen cpu's but the gpu they were built with is different. and sometimes the gpu is different because of the date of release of that particular cpu

Last edited:

P.S. this is not meant to be a big thing. I mean that would be cool but I am really just creating a source for me and whoever finds this interesting. I just found that no one website really had a complete list (i.e. cpu-monkey, intel ark, etc).
The intel-x series is a completely different platform, it's more business/professional oriented and it's cascade lake while the 10900k is comet lake.
Different lines can be on the same generation but that does not mean that the generations are the same.

Solution