[SOLVED] 11 GB of non-paged pool memory usage

CloutGod

Commendable
Aug 6, 2017
I booted up my PC tonight and noticed that it was stuttering and having some trouble doing basic actions. I checked my usages and noticed that I had 11 GB of non-paged pool memory usage. I don't really know much about ram so anything would be helpful. The ram is a few years old now so it wouldn't surprise me if it needs to be replaced.

Specs:
Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU: Intel I7-4790k not OC w/ Cooler Master - Nepton 120XL 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
GPU: MSI GTX 980 ti
Memory: G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3
PSU: EVGA Supernova 650W Gold 80+
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Intake fans 1 out

Task manager usage: View: https://imgur.com/a/dQiOWvh

Solution
download new network drivers for the killer lan. uninstall the network drivers and re-boot the system into the BIOS, in the BIOS disable the network adapter. reboot and see if the issue is still there. if not reboot and enable the device and boot to install the updated drivers, and see how it goes.
if it is revert the changes and try with another device. the killer lan and memory leaks are not strangers so I would start there.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
consensus is that a driver has a memory leak. non-paged memory should never be over a gig. right now mine is 109 megs.

CloutGod

Commendable
Aug 6, 2017
consensus is that a driver has a memory leak. non-paged memory should never be over a gig. right now mine is 109 megs.

I followed what was selected as the best answer and it is now up to 11.1 GB.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
download new network drivers for the killer lan. uninstall the network drivers and re-boot the system into the BIOS, in the BIOS disable the network adapter. reboot and see if the issue is still there. if not reboot and enable the device and boot to install the updated drivers, and see how it goes.
if it is revert the changes and try with another device. the killer lan and memory leaks are not strangers so I would start there.

Solution

CloutGod

Commendable
Aug 6, 2017

Alright its down to 160 mb so I think its fixed. Thanks a ton!