[SOLVED] 1100$ Streaming/Editing + Gaming Computer

Help needed101

Prominent
Jul 11, 2019
I wanted to know if this was a good pc for streaming and editing to do a heavy workload of both plus an aspect of gaming as well. I’m hoping it’s going to be good for multitasking and won’t give issues.

Motherboard • Asus ROG Strix B450-F

CPU • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

GPU • Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 2060 6gb GDDR6

RAM • OLOy DDR4 16gb 3200MHz

HDD • Western Digital 2tb

SSD • Western Digital SN500 500gb

PSU • Corsair RMX Series (2018) 650w, 80+ Gold certified, fully modular

Case • NZXT H510 Black

For a better look here is the pc part picker

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8sWtZf

For reference the graphics card was out of stock at the time of making it but on amazon it is $339.99

This is how I'd set it up:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory ($118.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING Video Card ($339.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($117.99 @ Adorama)
Total: $1189.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

No point going for the 2700x at this point, especially when the 3700x is only a little more and is much faster in renders. Go for the 3700x.
You can opt for a cheaper b550 m-atx board if you don't mind the gap in the case, it'll perform just as well as a x570.
Are your edits only 1080p? If they're 4k you really will want 32gb ram. Dropping the ram back to 16gb will drop the price closer to your original $1150.
The M.2 drive you chose was a sata based one, so there was no speed benefit. The crucial p1, isn't the fastest nvme drive around, but it is still faster then sata and has a dram cache.
The gpu is fine, the rtx series has a higher impact on rendering then the amd series.
The rmx is a fine psu, though tad overpriced at present. You can stick with it, but I'd personally save the extra $25 and get a Thermaltake GF1 instead.

Last edited:
Solution

Help needed101

Prominent
Jul 11, 2019
This is how I'd set it up:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory ($118.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING Video Card ($339.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($117.99 @ Adorama)
Total: $1189.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

No point going for the 2700x at this point, especially when the 3700x is only a little more and is much faster in renders. Go for the 3700x.
You can opt for a cheaper b550 m-atx board if you don't mind the gap in the case, it'll perform just as well as a x570.
Are your edits only 1080p? If they're 4k you really will want 32gb ram. Dropping the ram back to 16gb will drop the price closer to your original $1150.
The M.2 drive you chose was a sata based one, so there was no speed benefit. The crucial p1, isn't the fastest nvme drive around, but it is still faster then sata and has a dram cache.
The gpu is fine, the rtx series has a higher impact on rendering then the amd series.
The rmx is a fine psu, though tad overpriced at present. You can stick with it, but I'd personally save the extra $25 and get a Thermaltake GF1 instead.
Alright, thanks for the suggestions. I’ll look into since i’m probably gonna wait until the prices drop a bit more so i’d say it’s gonna be a couple of months. I’m hoping for that atleast. I did take the 3700x, your RAN and your PsU as i just thought it would be a better replacement

Alright, thanks for the suggestions. I’ll look into since i’m probably gonna wait until the prices drop a bit more so i’d say it’s gonna be a couple of months. I’m hoping for that atleast. I did take the 3700x, your RAN and your PsU as i just thought it would be a better replacement
Well, next gen amd cpu and nvidia gpu may be out by the end of the year, so if you wait long enough, it could be an option.

True, but they could come out a bit overpriced and I only have two-six years to try to work out my dream of streaming and making content. Plus most of my time will be made up of school and schoolwork
Fair point. In two months time the landscape of available parts will likely have changed a fair bit anyway, so the parts listed this time may have to be swapped around. Just keep an eye out.

jaged

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
Fair point. In two months time the landscape of available parts will likely have changed a fair bit anyway, so the parts listed this time may have to be swapped around. Just keep an eye out.
Sorry to jump into your thread guys but, Max, I JUST started thinking about a new build this morning. I haven't looked into anything yet and just jumped into forums.
Do you think it's best to way until the end of summer to build? Or will that always be the case with electronics. No matter what I buy, in less than a year something new is out and the gear I bought will bottom out. :)

Help needed101

Prominent
Jul 11, 2019
Sorry to jump into your thread guys but, Max, I JUST started thinking about a new build this morning. I haven't looked into anything yet and just jumped into forums.
Do you think it's best to way until the end of summer to build? Or will that always be the case with electronics. No matter what I buy, in less than a year something new is out and the gear I bought will bottom out. :)
Okay so basically because of corona prices are heavily raised, so the best advice i have for you is try to wait a bit and then build. But if this virus isn’t going to go away then just wait until the end of the summer id say. Then you’ll be fine, and if you need some builds either you can ask me or anyone else on this forum page!