Question 11600k vs 11400

Xplycko

Honorable
May 8, 2017
Hey all, was about to buy the 11400f as it's a great deal at $170 bucks. But the 11600k is just $225 now. Is it worth the extra scratch to get the k model? Thanks

Xplycko

Honorable
May 8, 2017
Nearly a dead heat on a common benchmark; probably unnoticeable as far as speed goes, but you might get a few new features on the motherboard. 12400 might run a little cooler?

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5-11600K+@+3.90GHz&id=4236

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5-12400F&id=4681
That's what I figured. And I can get this setup cheaper as the b660 motherboards are fairly expensive right now for one with good vrms. I like to get good value, that's why I'm switching from Ryzen back to Intel. Plus I don't have to have the latest and greatest.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
There are more than a handful of reviews that show the 11400 being so close in performance to the 11600K as to not be worth the premium in price and in particular, of motherboard choice.
I personally have an 11600K and where I like it for my use case (as the media and gaming PC for the living room TV) I am not convinced it would be the best for my work requirements as proven by a test drive over the last few days.

Xplycko

Honorable
May 8, 2017
I would have said no unless you need the iGPU. Is there any reason your looking at 11th gen rather than 12th gen or Ryzen 5000?
12th gen motherboards with good vrms are more expensive and the 11th gen is really cheap right now. I am running Ryzen now but wanted to try Intel again since they got rid of their bloated pricing.

12th gen motherboards with good vrms are more expensive and the 11th gen is really cheap right now. I am running Ryzen now but wanted to try Intel again since they got rid of their bloated pricing.
That's a very good reason, in the UK I've noticed some really good deals on 10th and 11th, I just haven't noticed the same saving in the USA but if it is a lot cheaper then that makes sense. Can I ask which Ryzen your on out of curiosity?

Reactions: Xplycko

Xplycko

Honorable
May 8, 2017
I went ahead and snagged an 11600k. It's a great deal imo and I like to oc just a bit. I would have stayed with Ryzen but I'm pissed at how they are only offering X versions now. They did this because everyone were buying the non x, and that's because the X versions were just cherry picked non X chips. I find that a little shady. I have ran an Intel chip since the 900 days lol. Let's see where this goes.