[SOLVED] 11700k, did it got any better?

So long story short, I was considering 'upgrading' my 10700k to 11700k because there's a sale for 11gen going already and i wouldn't have to dish out too much, plus, PCI-E 4.0 for my NVME sounds tempting for what it's worth. I heard somewhere that there was microcode updates but I wonder if thats true or if meaningless, the YT videos comparing these two are all old, deating to the release week, I frankly don't wanna do something i might regret here. Insights?

Solution
So long story short, I was considering 'upgrading' my 10700k to 11700k because there's a sale for 11gen going already and i wouldn't have to dish out too much, plus, PCI-E 4.0 for my NVME sounds tempting for what it's worth. I heard somewhere that there was microcode updates but I wonder if thats true or if meaningless, the YT videos comparing these two are all old, deating to the release week, I frankly don't wanna do something i might regret here. Insights?

I'd expect the two CPUs to be indistinguishable most of the time, save for during the 4% of applications where the 11700K actually shines...or in CrystalDiskMark, where it seems like storage is twice as fast, but, systems really only boot, shutdown, or load applications...

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador

I purchased an 11600K right after release. It is an impressively fast little chip that runs SUPER hot.
I like the onboard graphics aside from the fact that they have yet to release a driver and/or BIOS update that will allow onboard HDMI to provide sound (with the Z590I mobo I am using).

The plus columns that helped me make this decision were the unavailability of powerful GPU, the better onboard graphics in the face of G series Ryzen that are either grossly overpriced or unavailable, and the PCI gen 4.

Had I pulled the trigger on a 9th or 10th gen Intel (and in particularly at the prices offered) I would never have considered this CPU. I would admit a high level of buyers remorse on this product and it's associated motherboard.

I'd expect the two CPUs to be indistinguishable most of the time, save for during the 4% of applications where the 11700K actually shines...or in CrystalDiskMark, where it seems like storage is twice as fast, but, systems really only boot, shutdown, or load applications 1/4 second quicker... :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS