119 CFM

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

linux_0

Splendid
If you want 10,000/20,000 cfm... you want the Air King:

Energy efficent! At low settings only 435 watts! :mrgreen:

http://www.rewci.com/42ingrbedrdr.html
Damn, they don't list the noise rating. I'm thinking it's a little higher than the 56 db claimed for the 92mm Tornado. Probably ~105-110 db. :eek: hehehe

PS. I fear that puppy would blow the capacitors clean off the mobo. :p

lmao.gif

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
meh i dont care im getting the tornado
Too bad you don't personally know someone with one. Then you can hear how nasty their growl is. In my last house, i could hear the Tornado to the front door(50 feet from case), and it was as bad as sitting next to my current case with the 120 Sunon @ 12v. You can't argue with their performance though. Also, make sure you keep a fan guard on, they are ruthless with human skin(believe me). :wink:

linux_0

Splendid
meh i dont care im getting the tornado
Too bad you don't personally know someone with one. Then you can hear how nasty their growl is. In my last house, i could hear the Tornado to the front door(50 feet from case), and it was as bad as sitting next to my current case with the 120 Sunon @ 12v. You can't argue with their performance though. Also, make sure you keep a fan guard on, they are ruthless with human skin(believe me). :wink:

I agree ya don't wanna lose a finger.

sp6yd6er6

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
If you want 10,000/20,000 cfm... you want the Air King:

Energy efficent! At low settings only 435 watts! :mrgreen:

http://www.rewci.com/42ingrbedrdr.html
Damn, they don't list the noise rating. I'm thinking it's a little higher than the 56 db claimed for the 92mm Tornado. Probably ~105-110 db. :eek: hehehe

PS. I fear that puppy would blow the capacitors clean off the mobo. :p

105 db? hahaha... yeah, hopefully you don't mind the sound of a learjet in your bedroom!

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Also, make sure you keep a fan guard on, they are ruthless with human skin(believe me). :wink:

I agree ya don't wanna lose a finger.

I was wondering if "1Tanker" meant he lost a nut to the fan?I would need serious therapy if i had my nuts that close to the computer. I love my machine, but not that much. :wink: That fan does blow pretty hard though. :eek:

sp6yd6er6

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Just go for the Vantec... and don't be suprised if you end up taking it back out because it's too loud lol. I hope not, but Vantec even rates it at 56 db. Kinda loud IMO.

I totally preffer using 120mm (use an adapter if you have to) they move a lot of air and don't have high pitched noises... just a steady woooosh.

TheMaster

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
I wonder what that "Xtreme airflow" design would do for a 120 mm high speed fan. 8)

You know what.. forget it.
Just go to Walmart and buy a regular fan. It'll be much cheaper.

MarcusL

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
For these kinds of airflows, you'll need to get an automotive high-flow air filter kit. The pipe should match up pretty good to a 92-120 mm fan. It'll keep your case a lot cleaner since you will be pulling all of the dust in your house (and small birds) into your case.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
For these kinds of airflows, you'll need to get an automotive high-flow air filter kit. The pipe should match up pretty good to a 92-120 mm fan. It'll keep your case a lot cleaner since you will be pulling all of the dust in your house (and small birds) into your case.

Great visual. Reminds me of the scene in Die Harder when the dude gets sucked into the jet engine.

TRENDING THREADS