pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
ok well i googled it and didnt get much so here i am.

How much force is 119 cfm coming out of a 92mm fan?

like will i blow over a water bottle or..yeah..u know real world comparaison

sp6yd6er6

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
119 cfm out of a 92mm is a pretty strong breeze dude :) I have a delta fan that's not even for personal computers, but it is 120mm and ~140 cfm... it is incredibly loud originally for use in industrial machines or even some serious server case-cooling.
I don't know if the 92mm will knock over a 20 oz. bottle that's filled up (but it might!) One that's about half full, would definetly blow over. You could even move it around in your hand to clean the dust from your computer lol

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
119 cfm out of a 92mm is a pretty strong breeze dude :) I have a delta fan that's not even for personal computers, but it is 120mm and ~140 cfm... it is incredibly loud originally for use in industrial machines or even some serious server case-cooling.
I don't know if the 92mm will knock over a 20 oz. bottle that's filled up (but it might!) One that's about half full, would definetly blow over. You could even move it around in your hand to clean the dust from your computer lol

wait...where are these fans???

120mm fans that move 140cfm link plz.

Vantec Tornado 92mm thick (3.8cm) fan. moves 119 cfm i was getting it for my friends SFF. hehehe this is gonna be good.

so what about like the Ice Mountain water bottles the half liter 9 oz bottles?

sp6yd6er6

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
eBay! (do a search: Delta Fan 120)

That's where I bought the 120mm. I bought 3 together, and put one in a server I helped build for our new shop. The other 2 are sitting in my drawer (I took the one in my rig out- WAY too loud even with my sound turned up, my comp is right next to me)

I must correct myself, it's 130 cfm, not 140 cfm. But watch out... I had my hands in my 'puter one time and my got a lil too close to the fan blade, it sliced my finger open in a split second!! :oops: stupid me

Yeah, it could do the job!

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
i am not a fan of ebay...time to check pricegrabber :)

sweet, im gettin 3 of these delta fans hehehe...sidepanel intake will be useful now :)

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005

wait...where are these fans???

120mm fans that move 140cfm link plz.

Vantec Tornado 92mm thick (3.8cm) fan. moves 119 cfm i was getting it for my friends SFF. hehehe this is gonna be good.

you would love the fan i used in my old PC, it was a cooker extractor fan 80mm, that pushed over 200cfm, i actually have a pic on another forum of it.

sp6yd6er6

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Haha that's crazy! A wee 80mm pushing 200cfm has got to be deafening!

I have been thinking of making an enclosure for a case that would use a few fans like that. I don't quite know what it would take to dampen the sound enough to make it near silent, but I suppose cosmetics wouldn't matter.

sp6yd6er6

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
This pc fan is good too, I think it has a 10,000cfm airflow. Yeah it's great but it requires strapping down the pc otherwise it would fly.

Yahtzee!
I don't know about 10,000 cfm, unless that came off a small plane! If it did blow that much, I hope you have some way to steer that thing as it would probably fly across the room :lol:

chased13

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
heh in my current crap hp i was getting oven style temps (epsecicially since it's inclosed in a desk compartmeny

i fixed that by adding a box fan- the fan plugs into an outlet on my surge which powers my whole computer- i dont know the cfm but this thing BLOWS (litterally) like i could use it as a nice desk fan to cool me off in the summer

like 8 bux at a hardware store but my dad had one laying around (i drilled a big hole in the side of my hp and mounted it with some screws)

40 minutes- 1.29 for some hardware

possibly 20c cooler temps ( i only turn it on when gaming to suck out that hot air

hella-d

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
I Plan On Building A New Custom Case From And SGI 320 Workstation (To Match My 1600SW TFT) Using A Huge Custom 480mm (600RPM) Custom Made Side-Inflow Fan, However Im Gonna Help With 3 Positive Presure Helper Fans (Front Top And Back) To Help Exaust Air (and The Huge Fan Can Also Act Like A Case Widow :) ) What I Need Ta Know Can You Recomend (Or Anyone Else On This Forum For That Matter) Any Blue-LED 120MM Fans That Are Quiet With A High Output?

linux_0

Splendid
I Plan On Building A New Custom Case From And SGI 320 Workstation (To Match My 1600SW TFT) Using A Huge Custom 480mm (600RPM) Custom Made Side-Inflow Fan, However Im Gonna Help With 3 Positive Presure Helper Fans (Front Top And Back) To Help Exaust Air (and The Huge Fan Can Also Act Like A Case Widow :) ) What I Need Ta Know Can You Recomend (Or Anyone Else On This Forum For That Matter) Any Blue-LED 120MM Fans That Are Quiet With A High Output?

I'd recommend:

Nidec

Panaflo

Sunon

Silverstone

probably in that order.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
If you want 10,000/20,000 cfm... you want the Air King:

Energy efficent! At low settings only 435 watts! :mrgreen:

http://www.rewci.com/42ingrbedrdr.html
Damn, they don't list the noise rating. I'm thinking it's a little higher than the 56 db claimed for the 92mm Tornado. Probably ~105-110 db. :eek: hehehe

PS. I fear that puppy would blow the capacitors clean off the mobo. :p