[SOLVED] 11900k auto overvolting

Dec 3, 2021
I am overclocking a i9 11900k and when I set a value of x51 and boot the voltage shoots to 1.5673 even though I set a vcore of 1.4 volts. What settings in bios will force correct this behavior? Extremely annoying as my perspective is I manually told you to do this and how dare you do that lol.

The motherboard is ASUS Maximus Hero XIII.

Solution
Load Line Calibration.
The higher the level, the higher the voltage over-shoot/under-shoot.
I hope you're looking at Vcore, and not VID in whatever the app you're using to monitor. VID is what it's asking for, but not necessarily what it's actually getting.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Load Line Calibration.
The higher the level, the higher the voltage over-shoot/under-shoot.
I hope you're looking at Vcore, and not VID in whatever the app you're using to monitor. VID is what it's asking for, but not necessarily what it's actually getting.

Reactions: flynbiu
Solution
Dec 3, 2021
Tested load line already by using different settings. Was not the setting I was looking for that was causing. But maybe I have a perceived problem and not an actual one.

You are correct Core Temp reads 1.67 VID while CPU-Z reads 1.396 Core Voltage. So now I must ask this follow up question. Does VID reported in core temp actually mean anything harmful or am I just good just with the CPU-Z report? Can I ignore VID and be "safe"?