12 Fans Need to be Controlled

lgilst83

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
Hi, I just built my rig and its running 4 radiators and 12 fans (Corsair SP120 High Performance Fans). I need to be able to control the fan speeds, but I don't know how to do this? I have a Corsair AXi1200i PSU and a ASUS Maximus VI Formula Motherboard.

All of the fans are hooked up, but none of them hook into the motherboard.
To make a long story short, and get to the question... Is there a way I can control the fan speed of all 12 fans somehow? I've tried using a 4pin extension to hook a swiftech 8 way splitter to the mobo but that doesn't allow me to control them? Im only guessing im going about this all wrong... Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

lgilst83

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014

So I have Y splitter that connects them all, and I can use the one extension to plug into the motherboard and then that will allow me to control the fans all at once? Say if I plugged it into Chasis fan 2?

lgilst83

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014

I connect my extension to chasis fan 1,2, or 3 but still have no control over all of the fans the extension is hooked too? why not? I should be able to right? Seriously this is aggravating because they are really loud. :\ Am I connecting it to the wrong pwm connector on the mobo?

Also the system is fully liquid cooled... so no CPU fan..

leeb2013

Honorable

are the fans definitely PWM controlled fans? There are some which aren't and rely on a resistor to drop the voltage.