-12 volts question

Hi all,

I am installing a switcher power supply in my Sega Space Attack, to
replace the abad linear supply. However the game uses -12, +12, and
+5.

I have no spot on my switcher for a -12, but i do have a spot for a -5.

This thing also has a multi-tap transformer in it...However, the
monitor does not appear to go through any type of iso. Can i just run
the monitor off my AC feed?

Thanks in advance
Josh

joshers17@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am installing a switcher power supply in my Sega Space Attack, to
> replace the abad linear supply. However the game uses -12, +12, and
> +5.
>
> I have no spot on my switcher for a -12, but i do have a spot for a
-5.

> This thing also has a multi-tap transformer in it...However, the
> monitor does not appear to go through any type of iso. Can i just
run
> the monitor off my AC feed?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Josh

Josh,
The -5 is fine. Depending on what type of monitor, if it's new and it's
an imperial, the iso transformer should be on the chassis already. You
should be able to just plug/play this one in your game cabinet though.

John

Vaxx

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

use an atx psu instead. Has the right voltages on it.