120 GB SSD and 1GB HDD ..or.. 240 GB SSD?

Jan 10, 2019
Super layman. Using the computer for gaming. It's a decent gaming desktop but nothing crazy. I'm not a Steam horder either so space isn't a huge deal to me as I will probably just bounce between a few MMORPGs, one or two AAA games and a few indies. Not against the idea of deleting things to make room for other things either. Which would be the better option to go with?

Should mention, I'm forced to take one of these two options with a pre built.

Also if I got the 120 GB SSD drive, it is only things/games stored on that drive that have faster loading? Or does the SSD improve the HDD too? ..yeah like I said..super layman.

Many thanks ahead.

Solution
120GB SSD + 1TB HDD
or
240GB SSD

Both are bad choices.
The 120GB SSD is too small. That will take the OS and maybe 1 game. You'll be continually managing the free space on that drive.

The 240GB SSD is too small if it is the only drive.

Solution:
Get the 240GB SSD, and add other drives later.

USAFRet

Titan
120GB SSD + 1TB HDD
or
240GB SSD

Both are bad choices.
The 120GB SSD is too small. That will take the OS and maybe 1 game. You'll be continually managing the free space on that drive.

The 240GB SSD is too small if it is the only drive.

Solution:
Get the 240GB SSD, and add other drives later.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Jan 10, 2019
Thanks again. I know building your own computer is a lot better but it's not something I can humour right now. Any ideas on where I could get a decent pre built gaming rig with Windows 10 installled? I've been checking around but am almost clueless. My budget would be £750 max. Sorry, know I'm off topic. I'm in the U.K.

USAFRet

Titan

Something like this for £600.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADMI-Gaming-PC-2400MHz-Aviator/dp/B01IPOHNXO

That's a current CPU, not something from 7 years ago.

Add your own SSD, and still save money.

500GB SSD £70
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-MX500-CT500MX500SSD1-Internal-NAND/dp/B0784SLQM6