Hazle

Distinguished
using a TV may or may not present you a number of problems from input lag, no support for 4:4:4 chroma subsampling resulting in very poor image quality (imagine a low quality jpeg file), ghosting, and low pixel density due to the larger pixels.

you could set the TV to PC/Game mode, turn off post processing features, perform an EDID Override Fix, etc. but there is no 100% guarantee it will work perfectly or reduce the problem to your personal liking.

some rule of thumb when choosing a TV as a monitor for gaming; the cheaper ones with less features (i.e; dejuddering, active contrast, SMART TVs) tend to cause less problems, Samsung has some serious input lag with their tvs as a PC monitor, and long hours of research and asking in forums helps.

if you're serious about a 120hz display, go for the monitor. using a 120hz TV is a gamble unless someone here can recommend you one out of personal experience.

whatismyproblem

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009

can you recommend a specific computer monitor

im not interested in 3d gaming

Hazle

Distinguished
1440P, though you may as well stick with three 1080p monitors. haven't seen what three 1440 would do to the 660ti performance-wise, but i reckoned 3x1080p monitors isn't so bad if it'll avoid a lower fps with 3x1440P monitors.

I prefer 120hz 1080p. Mostly due to 3D Vision, but it is smoother even in normal 2D gaming. Elite first person shooter gamers like 120hz for lower latency between movement and action, it also makes tracking moving targets every so slightly easier.

1440p would make everything look a bit sharper. This is more pronounced with text at the desktop, but it is evident in gaming too. One down side to 1440p is the latency is increased over even a 1080p 60hz monitor, though this is improving.

EDIT: The lower latency has another benefit to me, and many others; it helps eliminate motion sickness. Even if I don't visually see a big difference between 60 FPS and 120 FPS, I feel a big difference in nausea. At 60hz & 60 FPS (I use v-sync for no tearing), I get nauseated after 30 mins of play. I don't when I reach 120hz/90FPS.