[SOLVED] 120 mm Fan Setup

Jun 3, 2018
I have an Asus Rog Strix B-450 Mobo and a Cougar Mx 330-m case. The case supports 5 fans.
2x front
2x top
1x back
I was planning on facing the top and rear fans to direct air into the case towards the board and the front fans directing air out. The reason for this is I want as much airflow going to the Mobo as it does tend to run a little hot with the poor quality vrm. I feel the 3 nearby fans should help bring down the temp quite a bit. Is this an ideal airflow setup? I know with just the rear fans on the board it brought down the temp to around 60°c so another 2 fans may help bring it down another 5° or so. Also I'm not an MSI fan so that's why I went Asus on this chipset despite the poor quality VRM.

Jun 3, 2018
Typically, front, bottom, and side fans suck cool air into the case. Rear and top fans exhaust hot air from the case. It is all about airflow to pull in cool air and remove warm air from inside the case.
Since I'm in a pretty temp controlled environment (I prefer colder weather around 60-70 degrees F, would my orientation work? I would prefer direct airflow over the vrm due to it actually being covered by a plate due to the design of the Mobo so I want to promote strong airflow over it.

Jun 3, 2018
no water cooling will only be for cpu anddont remove plate from vrm there could cooler pads under it from case specs ssd could be on the back and hdd to bottom do you have the model where you could put a fan on the side panel see these https://www.amazon.com/Coolerguys-Mount-Stand-Bracket-Black/dp/B0195FW4LI or you could do a homemade fans tilt bracket to cool wrm .
Nah my side panel is tempered glass. I watched a spec video on this board and all he did was make the rear fans face the board and it went from 108° to 60° in the stress test. Also, I've never heard of that homemade fans tilt bracket. Would that just tilt the fan in a specific direction? Also because of all this I'm just looking at the MSI Tomahawk a little more. Not an MSI fan but at least the vrm isn't covered by a plastic plate.