[SOLVED] 1200w Rog Thor PSU "Possibly dying?"

Feb 10, 2021
i just purchased this new and installed it the next day on a Fresh Build all new parts 5950x cpu, 1200w thor psu, 2080ti, nzxt kracken z73 aio CPU cooler, crosshaid viii dark hero x570 MB the GPU fan has ZERO issues on my other pc but on this PC the fans either arent running or do little pulses back to back which isn't correct but the pc turns on and runs but the gpu will over heat it never sees 85C highest it goes on my other pc in 5k Cod 90 fps is 71C on a warm day does this mean MB is faulty or PSU? or tell me ways to test and find out please. my other PSU doesn't fit this MB as a Heads up.

Solution
i just purchased this new and installed it the next day on a Fresh Build all new parts 5950x cpu, 1200w thor psu, 2080ti, nzxt kracken z73 aio CPU cooler, crosshaid viii dark hero x570 MB the GPU fan has ZERO issues on my other pc but on this PC the fans either arent running or do little pulses back to back which isn't correct but the pc turns on and runs but the gpu will over heat it never sees 85C highest it goes on my other pc in 5k Cod 90 fps is 71C on a warm day does this mean MB is faulty or PSU? or tell me ways to test and find out please. my other PSU doesn't fit this MB as a Heads up.

Let's slow down here for a minute. The GPU overheating isn't an issue with the PSU. And when you say the "PSU won't fit", keep in mind...

That's not a PSU issue. That's user error.

g-unit1111

Titan

Let's slow down here for a minute. The GPU overheating isn't an issue with the PSU. And when you say the "PSU won't fit", keep in mind that all motherboards use the same 24-pin motherboard power connector and the 8-pin CPU power connector. So when you say that the PSU won't fit, it really won't fit your case and not the motherboard. Now that said, are you overclocking your CPU and/or GPU? Because that can lead to overheating issues. Also - on current NVIDIA cards (1XXX series and up) keep in mind that the fans themselves won't power on until the GPU is being used for something other than in idle mode (such as playing games, etc).

Solution