[SOLVED] 120hz monitor only allowing for 60hz

nikkonelol

Reputable
Nov 26, 2018
Hello,

I have an ASUS monitor model VG248QE which was previously displaying a 120hz on a different setup.

I'm using a new setup now with an AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT. It's not allowing me to use a refresh rate above 60hz in the advanced display settings (Windows 11)

I've updated the drivers to the most recent version (Using AMD Adrenalin software). I've also ensured that my HDMI cable is version 2.1 and supports 120hz. My video card has 3 display ports and 1 HDMI port. Any ideas why it's not allowing me to select anything past 60hz?

Solution
Hello,

I have an ASUS monitor model VG248QE which was previously displaying a 120hz on a different setup.

I'm using a new setup now with an AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT. It's not allowing me to use a refresh rate above 60hz in the advanced display settings (Windows 11)

I've updated the drivers to the most recent version (Using AMD Adrenalin software). I've also ensured that my HDMI cable is version 2.1 and supports 120hz. My video card has 3 display ports and 1 HDMI port. Any ideas why it's not allowing me to select anything past 60hz?
The HDMI port on the monitor only supports 1080p@60Hz. You need a DP cable for 1080p @120 and 144Hz support with your setup.

bignastyid

Titan
Hello,

The HDMI port on the monitor only supports 1080p@60Hz. You need a DP cable for 1080p @120 and 144Hz support with your setup.

Reactions: nikkonelol
Solution