[SOLVED] 120hz on 144hz monitor

Camfred30

Reputable
Mar 19, 2020
ok so i know my monitor can reach 144hz and i only recieve 120hz i think i know why im just unsure on what cable to get. Im running with a hdmi cable which im pretty sure cant reach 144hz and its 2.0. i thought changing to dvi would make it to 144hz but i saw that my gpu doesnt have a dvi port, so i then tried dp but then i saw my monitor dp port isnt the big blue one so what cable do i get

Solution
Not much information about that monitor, might be limited to 120 Hz over HDMI. Try using the DisplayPort input. The page says the monitor comes with a DisplayPort cable.

JIjpPWd.png
ok so i know my monitor can reach 144hz and i only recieve 120hz i think i know why im just unsure on what cable to get. Im running with a hdmi cable which im pretty sure cant reach 144hz and its 2.0. i thought changing to dvi would make it to 144hz but i saw that my gpu doesnt have a dvi port, so i then tried dp but then i saw my monitor dp port isnt the big blue one so what cable do i get
Which monitor?

For HDMI 120 is the maximum. You need DP Cable or Mini DP cable depends on your ports...
The HDMI interface itself doesn't have a maximum limit of 120 Hz, but individual products may be limited to 120 Hz, so it depends on the monitor.