[SOLVED] 120hz through only a HDMI port??

Dec 28, 2019
For reference this issue is on a "VIZIO - 32" Class - LED - D-Series - 1080p - Smart - HDTV (d32d g1)" which on Vizio's site claims it can go up to 120hz. This TV has just two HDMI ports. I have gone into Windows Display Adapter Properties and found that 60hz us my highest option. Am i doing something wrong?

Other tech specs
i5-9400
rx-570
8gb ram
San Disk SSD

Solution
That's the "Effective Refresh Rate" which in terms of Vizio means fake refresh rate obtained by truly aweful technologies which fake higher refresh rates and produces what people refer to as the soap opera effect.

Your TV has a true refresh rate of 60hz.
Dec 28, 2019
That's the "Effective Refresh Rate" which in terms of Vizio means fake refresh rate obtained by truly aweful technologies which fake higher refresh rates and produces what people refer to as the soap opera effect.

Your TV has a true refresh rate of 60hz.
Thanks for letting me know, im returning this thing asap. Anything to look out for in buying one?

If you are going to use this a monitor, you really should just buy a monitor.

As far as TV refresh rates, they use to list the real refresh rate and then the fake one (with whatever technology they coined it as) separately, but now IDK.

It depends; some TVs can handle 120Hz native output, but many use Interpolation of a 60Hz signal. Per Rtings, the Vizio D series only supports 60Hz signals:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/d-series-4k-2018