Question 120mm fans with 100mm propellers

stundrah

Reputable
Sep 24, 2017
I know this is a weird question, but I am looking for PWM fans with a propeller size of exactly 100mm (10cm).

The reason: I want to replace the propeller and motor of my Enermax T.B. RGB fans for PWM fans (some sort of DIY / Makeshift project)

The original fans I am modifying are 120mm but with 100mm propellers. I want to keep the RGB rings around it but remove the fan motor and everything and replace it with PWM fans. The reason is because the original fans are crap, but I love the unique style and RGB integration.

If the fans can be as silent as possible that is also a plus. I would also like the fans to be as low cost as possible (so no extra RGB or anything).

I saw someone do exactly what I am trying to achieve using Noctua fans, but I can't seem to find any Noctua model that has fan propellers around 100mm wide. Also, finding propeller width specifications of fans is nearly impossible.

If you have several fan models laying around and don't mind measuring the propellers for me, please do so! Thanks!

If you have enough room, you may consider crafting together an adapter of paperboard. Have done that myself to hack together a fan to try to increase air pressure and to place a 8mm fan to a 12mm hole. The only drawback (of course) is that it doesn't look so nice.

DavidM012

Distinguished
All the 120mm fans I have, Be Quiet! Cooler Master, a couple of dc 120mm fans, a couple of led fans, all have 110mm propellers.

That being so 11cm dc fans might have a 10cm propeller:

For example

or

This

Trouble with that is either the fins aren't a particularly nice shape and may be far from silent and/or minimum order qty is 500 pieces.

11cm fans with 10cm propellers exist whether or not it's easy to find one is another question. You could call the company and ask if they have a reseller who would sell one.

Question: Are there gaps between each layer of LED rings? I can't find a good enough picture. If so, these are probably not a good idea for a high static pressure situation like a rad. If the frame isn't solid, all that air pressure is just going to leak out through the gaps and not be forced into/through the rad.

Such as this:
1243715-n2.jpg

stundrah

Reputable
Sep 24, 2017
Question: Are there gaps between each layer of LED rings? I can't find a good enough picture. If so, these are probably not a good idea for a high static pressure situation like a rad. If the frame isn't solid, all that air pressure is just going to leak out through the gaps and not be forced into/through the rad.

Such as this:
1243715-n2.jpg

No gap. Each ring is full with a sort of diffusing plastic material.