1230$ gaming PC build

Oleonius

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Hi, everyone !

I ask you for new build advices ! Please help me !

Approximate Purchase Date: Next week !

Budget Range: Between 1100$ and 1120$, before shipping and taxes :D I have a maximum budget of 1230$. On Newegg, you can go at 1240$ because I have a 10$ gift code :)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming and surfing on Internet !

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse, monitor ... I just need the tower !

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.ca only, if possible. Otherwise, go with Tigerdirect.ca or NCIX.com !

Country of Origin: Canada :love:

Parts Preferences: I'll let you the choice between Intel and AMD for processor and motherboard. I just want a motherboard that can support a second graphic card in the future ! For now, I just want one GPU ;) I wanna have a 750W power supply and MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II O/C graphic card. If you can have a better GPU, go for it !

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe later

Monitor Resolution: 1650x1050 (22" FULL HD)

Additional Comments: I don't mind about the window on the case, but I want a good ratio between the number of fans and the noise.

Oleonius

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
I modified a bit his configuration. It looks like this :

Case: Azza Solano 1000

Processor: Intel Core i5 2500k (3.3 GHz)

Motherboard: ASRock P67 EXTREME 4

GPU: MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II O/C

Power supply: Silverstone Strider Plus 750W

HDD: WD Caviar Black 640 GB

Memory: Kingston HyperX 2x4 GB DDR3/1600 MHz

So, is that a good gaming rig ? ;)

The GTX 580 because it fits within the budget and "If you can have a better GPU, go for it". The GTX 580 qualifies as better...

His original post states he is not interested in overclocking so the K series is not necessary. No difference between the i5-2500 or i5-2400 while gaming and trying to keep the budget down.

8GB of memory (2x4GB) is a good upgrade. Would recommend sticking with GSkill though as well as the lowest latency that stays within budget.