merchat7

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within this month or next month.

BUDGET RANGE: USD: 1250 GBP: 750 Euro: 900
My budget is 900 euro, other currency value is for website that may not sell in euro.
I am using Eur:Usd = 1.5:1 Eur: GBP .85:1

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, school work, watching movie, video editing, burning cd/dvd/blu-ray

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: No OS (Window XP 64 bit, planning to upgrade to Window 7)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Any is fine, as long as it ship to Belgium, Europe.

PARTS PREFERENCES: None.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe, need some guide on this. SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe, I just want something that could play certain game (will list)

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I want to have bragging right :p. I also want the computer to live for 4 years before being too outdated in gaming (I play free mmorpg and fps, occasionally buy games).

Case: Black case with blue LCD light if budget allow.

Case fan (Optional, or if necessary): blue LCD light, fantanstic cooling. Only if budget allow.

Power Supply: Whatever work for the build and fits in the case.

Motherboard: Whatever work for the build, integrated 7.1/8 definition sound. Not planning to upgrade.

CPU: Quad core, easily O.C. to 3.0GHz+

CPU Cooler (Optional, or if necessary): Anything that works

Memory: 6gb if ddr3, 8gb if ddr2

Hard Drive: 1TB or 500GBx2 in raid 0, 7200rpm minimum.

Optical Drive 1: Blu-ray/ HD/ CD/ DVD burn and read.

Optical Drive 2: To install securom games.

Video card: Play the foloing game in maximum setting (no anti aliasing)
Dawn of war series / Command and conquer 3 Series / Need for Speed Series / CoD 2, 4 & 5 / Left 4 Dead / Sim City / GTA 4 / Battlefield 2

Monitor: 1920x1080 recommend resolution, 2MS, 10,000+ contract ratio

Keyboard: blue LCD light (as you can see, i am a fan of blue lcd light). Gaming grade.

Mouse: blue lcd light (not necessary). Gaming Grade.

Mouse mat: Normal to extremely large, good for whatever mouse you're using. Black color.

Headset/Headphone: 7.1 def surround sound if budget allow. Stereo sound if not.

Mouse & Keyboard Wrist Rest (Optional): comfortable and durable, prefer matching color.

I can stress my budget by about 50euro. Also, I'm planning to buy a laptop, this one in particular: http://eu.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=135&cat2_no=271&prod_no=1513 MSI GX630
Right now, am planning to buy from amazon (eletronica direct ships to Europe on amazon) and cost about 700 euro (1000USD) with cooler, without cooler 650euro (900USD), if anyone find a better deal for the laptop, they can add the money save on the laptop to the desktop budget.

Thanks.

TonCharr28

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
With a monitor resolution of 1920 x 1080, may I suggest a GTX 275? Stay away from RAID unless you'll be doing a lot of video editing, as sticking with 1 drive is fine. Get a WD Caviar Black, and you won't go wrong.

As for your optical drive, get LG. If you can't go for Samsung. Just don't get Sony.

Hope these couple of suggestions help!

merchat7

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
Well, I actually tried to make my own built and it's usually over budget.
Right now, this is what I'm planning to go for, using new egg as reference.

Case: Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail - 52.99 euro

Case Fan: Antec 761345-75020-2 80mm Blue LED Case Fan - Retail x5 - 52.45 euro

PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Retail - 98.00 euro

Mobo: ASUS M4A78 PRO AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail - 77.50 euro (Couldn't find the cheaper version, plus.)

CPU: AMD Phenom 9850 Black Edition Quad-Core - 126.51 euro

Memory: OCZ Platinum Edition 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Quad Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2P8008GQ - Retail - 90.00 euro (was cheaper than the one I was looking at on newegg, OCZ gold)

Graphic Card: SAPPHIRE 100259-1GL Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail - 143.01 euro (i've check out the gtx 275, 50-100euro more expensive than this card)

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drives - OEM - 91.09 euro

Optical Drive 1: LG Black 6X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 6X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA Internal Blu-ray Burner Super Multi Blu-ray Disc Burner & HD DVD-ROM Drive Model GGW-H20L - Retail - 165.99 euro

Optical Drive 2: NEC Optiarc DDU1675A - Disk drive - DVD-ROM - 16x - IDE - internal - 5.25'' - black - 14.99 euro (not so sure about the specs, just pick it cuz it could read cd and dvd according to the website) Yes, it's sony, pick another one if you want to, but keep in mind it may die in installing secuom games.

Monitor: LG 22" LCD W2261VP-PF - 185.00 euro

Mouse: I'm thinking of Razer Deathadder, Logitech g9 or Logitech mx518.

Keyboard: I'm thinking of Logitech g11/g15

Headset: Logitech extreme pc gaming stereo or Plantronics 3D Surround Sound Gaming Headset (USB Full Range Stereo) (Audio 770) on amazon

Mouse pad: I was thinking that i use razer, but I heard it degrade quite fast so now I was thinking of the xtrac ripper xl. However, only amazon have it and wit international shipping will equal 40euro, but i've seen the steel series qck.

CPU cooler: Fit this in if you can

Wrist rest: Least priority.

It's allow 1300 euro assuming that the mouse, keyboard, mouse pad and headset cost 100euro. I am using http://www.komplett.ie and http://www.pc-look.com . Sometime, i look in this website www.overclockers.co.uk

I need you guys help in making it to around 900-1000euro. Some cutbacks am willing to do is, the cheapest power supply keeping in mind quality and what the system need, a cheaper mobo that work wit everything, a cheaper cpu that can clock to 3.0GHz, a cheaper memory wit still 8gb of ram, a cheaper graphic card that could max the games i had listed, 500GB hard drive, cheaper blu ray drive (burn everything , read everything), cheaper cd, dvd reader, cheaper monitor wit the same specs, cheap decent gaming grade and same wit the keyboard, a good inexpensive mouse pad, no cpu cooler/wrist rest and a decent cheap stereo headset.

You can try to convince me to do some more major cut back, but am pretty much set on this thing.

TRENDING THREADS