[SOLVED] 12600k CPU not getting enough voltage ?

Feb 20, 2022
I am building a new computer for just basic office work using an Intel 12600k and an Asus prime z690 wifi D4 and I noticed the CPU was capped at 400 MHz no matter what. It turns on boots into windows and everything no problem just slow CPU performance. There has also been no crashes. I have tried an alternate power supply that I know works, done the CMOS reset and messed with power settings. No matter what I try the CPU core voltage won't go above 0.7 volts and it should be around 1.16 volts if I remember correctly. Tried a different power supply I know works and have the same result. At this point I am thinking it is either a bad CPU and/or Motherboard, which it just might be, but figured I would reach out and see if anyone might have a solution .

Solution
capped at 400 MHz no matter what
Try running ThrottleStop 9.4.3

Open the Limit Reasons window. Is BD PROCHOT red. If it is, clear the BD PROCHOT box on the main screen. This is a common throttling problem.

Let me know if this solves the problem and I will explain what is going on.
Feb 20, 2022
Please list full pc specs
CPU:
GPU:
Mobo:
Ram:
PSU:
Storage:
Windows version:

Please run UserBenchMark and post link to results. This will help lots.
CPU: 12600k
No GPU
Mobo: Asus Prime 690 Wifi 4D
Ram: Corsair LPX 3600
PSU: Corsair CV450 (also tried with a Corsair 750 RMI)
Storage: WD Black 500gb NVME SSD & Seagate Barracuda 2TN

I will run and post the UserBenchMark results later tonight after I get off of work.

Reactions: Nine Layer Nige
capped at 400 MHz no matter what
Try running ThrottleStop 9.4.3

Open the Limit Reasons window. Is BD PROCHOT red. If it is, clear the BD PROCHOT box on the main screen. This is a common throttling problem.

Let me know if this solves the problem and I will explain what is going on.

Solution