Question 12700f overheating

PlanetXeno

Reputable
Feb 28, 2019
I recently bought this PC late December last year, I have been encountering staggeringly high CPU temps in two notable games (makes sense, these are apparently very cpu intensive games) Cyberpunk 2077, and Battlefield 2042. I'm well in excess of 90c after about 30 minutes of playtime. I've removed the side panel for my rig in order to help, and while it has with the majority of other games I play, it's still approaching that factory limit - uncomfortably so in these games. I haven't made any alterations to the build that I picked up, everything is stock.

I've checked the top of my case and it indeed supports an AIO, I figured this would fix the issue. Any ideas on what AIO to purchase?

The Acer website states the rig uses a "proprietary mATX mobo"

Acer Predator Orion 5000
RTX 3080 LHR
i7 12700f

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Acer Predator Orion 5000
Take a picture or 2. With these prebuilts, one Orion 5000 can be using a different case than another Orion 5000.
Please remove the side panel to avoid glare and reflections. You must use an image hosting site to post pictures here.

Also, does the radiator have a black cube built into the radiator?

The Acer website states the rig uses a "proprietary mATX mobo"
Likely means that you can't install it in a traditional case. So if you wanted to move your hardware inside a different case, you'd at least have to replace that motherboard.
Use of proprietary parts is a dick move by companies to try to get you to spend more money through them.

What is the cooler you have now?
I7-12700 is not an overly hot processor.
I would be surprised if you could not install a simple tower type air cooler that would do the job.
Looks like your case can provide a decent amount of front intake cooling air.
The key metric is how much space you have between the processor surface and the side of the case.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Be sure that the cooling solution hardware for attachment to the motherboard is on standard spacing. Many of the name brand (whole) PC manufacturers use off standard parts and/or connections such that you cannot just go buy a regular cooler or AIO, but have to purchase options they offer. For all that, it might not even have standard fan headers.

As a 'for instance', Dell is famous for this chicanery and HP is right up there with them. I am not as familiar with the Acer gaming platforms.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Take a picture or 2. With these prebuilts, one Orion 5000 can be using a different case than another Orion 5000.
Please remove the side panel to avoid glare and reflections. You must use an image hosting site to post pictures here.

Also, does the radiator have a black cube built into the radiator?

Likely means that you can't install it in a traditional case. So if you wanted to move your hardware inside a different case, you'd at least have to replace that motherboard.
Use of proprietary parts is a dick move by companies to try to get you to spend more money through them.

OP seems to be asking about what can be installed, not already having an AIO as part of the stock configuration.