Question 12700k abnormally high cpu usage at idle

xander.dec

Reputable
May 13, 2018
For context, I was running a overclock of 5.1 and 4.0 ghz p-core and e-core respectively and I noticed my temps were getting rather high while idling. I had seen them before at much lower temps so I knew something was wrong. I quickly reset the bios and restarted my computer to find that even on a low clock speed with a balanced power plan (after removing process lasso and other overclocks) it would seemingly spike to 100% usage. The cores seem to be locked in tandem during each spike and successive period. If someone has had similar issues I would be greatly appreciative of some guidance.
uuq98myjh3fa1.png
9hl6inyjh3fa1.png

For context, I was running a overclock of 5.1 and 4.0 ghz p-core and e-core respectively and I noticed my temps were getting rather high while idling. I had seen them before at much lower temps so I knew something was wrong. I quickly reset the bios and restarted my computer to find that even on a low clock speed with a balanced power plan (after removing process lasso and other overclocks) it would seemingly spike to 100% usage. The cores seem to be locked in tandem during each spike and successive period. If someone has had similar issues I would be greatly appreciative of some guidance.
uuq98myjh3fa1.png
9hl6inyjh3fa1.png
Well,one thing is sure, CPU is not doing it from it's own will, It doe s what is required of it by OS.
When you use SW to control it, it should be returned to defaults before uninstalling it.
BOOT in safe mode first and se what happens.