Question 12700kf OC Guide?

NzSkux

Prominent
Jul 5, 2021
Hi all,

I had a gigabyte z690 ud ddr4 when I first built this pc and I could reach 24-24.5k on cb r23. All it took was enabling MCE. This was on noctua air too.

I recently changed to ASUS TUF Gaming and it doesn't go over 23k. I am using a AIO now too and temps don't go over 65 when benching. Have tried MCE on and it only goes up to 23300, nowhere near my old score.

What do?

Lutfij

Titan
ASUS TUF Gaming
That doesn't help much in telling us what you're working with, since an initial search of that italicized term yields a page for a range of laptops under Asus. So if you will, what are the specs to your build and what have you changed out? We should be seeing a before and after specs to your build, mind you.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi all,

I had a gigabyte z690 ud ddr4 when I first built this pc and I could reach 24-24.5k on cb r23. All it took was enabling MCE. This was on noctua air too.

I recently changed to ASUS TUF Gaming and it doesn't go over 23k. I am using a AIO now too and temps don't go over 65 when benching. Have tried MCE on and it only goes up to 23300, nowhere near my old score.

What do?
That can be just the difference in the BIOS on the boards.
Some will allow more power and a longer/bit higher boost.

EDIT don't read to much into synthetic benchmarks.

Reactions: KyaraM

NzSkux

Prominent
Jul 5, 2021
That can be just the difference in the BIOS on the boards.
Some will allow more power and a longer/bit higher boost.

EDIT don't read to much into synthetic benchmarks.

Thank you. I guess I was wondering if there was a guide for me to change values etc.

I'm well versed in dram OC but a noob on the CPU OC front.

NzSkux

Prominent
Jul 5, 2021
ASUS TUF Gaming
That doesn't help much in telling us what you're working with, since an initial search of that italicized term yields a page for a range of laptops under Asus. So if you will, what are the specs to your build and what have you changed out? We should be seeing a before and after specs to your build, mind you.

Hey,

Sorry I thought I had alluded to that as I did have a z690 gigabyte. My bad I should be more specific.

ASUS TUF Gaming z690 plus
Intel 12700kf
Kraken x73
Windows 10
Gigabyte oc gaming 3070
Corsair Vengeance lpx 4000 running stable 3800 14-15-15-30