[SOLVED] 12gb RAM, 7.65 usable

Sep 27, 2020
It's my first time consulting this community, so forgive me if it's lacking in details.

System:

Processor: AMD A8-7650K Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 46+6G 3.30 GHz

RAM: 12.0 GB (7.95 GB usable)

Type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

Taken Actions:

-Went to BIOS and disabled integrated graphics.

-Ran msconfig and unchecked maximum memory.

-These increased usable RAM from 6.95 to 7.95GB

Only two memory cards are inserted, at least, from what I can see. Kind of afraid to pull them out 'cause I might break something.

Solution
It's my first time consulting this community, so forgive me if it's lacking in details.

System:

Taken Actions:

Only two memory cards are inserted, at least, from what I can see. Kind of afraid to pull them out 'cause I might break something.
12GB and two memory sticks is a mismatched set of hardware. AMD is not very forgiving about mismatched RAM.
You will need to run something like CPUz and get more detailed...

kanewolf

Titan

System:

Taken Actions:

12GB and two memory sticks is a mismatched set of hardware. AMD is not very forgiving about mismatched RAM.
You will need to run something like CPUz and get more detailed information about the two memory sticks. You MIGHT be able to find a configuration that will work.
For your best stability and performance, your mismatched memory probably should be replaced with a matched set of two 8GB DIMMs.
BUT, that system is old enough and those CPUs were dogs anyway. Save your money for a full system replacement.

Solution