12V Rail Tolerances

I bought a new 500W power supply to replace the 350W i had previously.
The voltage reading using ASUS Probe is 13.312V. I know the tolerances
are supposed to be +/- 10% which should take to at most 13.2V.

Should i have reason to worry? Should i take the supply back to the
vendor?

"pazmanpro" <pazmanpro@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I bought a new 500W power supply to replace the 350W i had previously.
> The voltage reading using ASUS Probe is 13.312V. I know the tolerances
> are supposed to be +/- 10% which should take to at most 13.2V.
>
> Should i have reason to worry? Should i take the supply back to the
> vendor?

Forget about any built-in hardware or software monitoring solution for
obtaining accurate voltage readings. If you are really concerned, find a
multimeter somewhere and measure the voltage. I suspect you will find that
the voltage has been over-stated by Asus probe. But if that voltage is
accurate, I'd replace the power supply. -Dave

"Dave C." <mdupre@sff.net> wrote in message news:<2k5tc8F18eoctU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> "pazmanpro" <pazmanpro@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I bought a new 500W power supply to replace the 350W i had previously.
> > The voltage reading using ASUS Probe is 13.312V. I know the tolerances
> > are supposed to be +/- 10% which should take to at most 13.2V.
> >
> > Should i have reason to worry? Should i take the supply back to the
> > vendor?
>
> Forget about any built-in hardware or software monitoring solution for
> obtaining accurate voltage readings. If you are really concerned, find a
> multimeter somewhere and measure the voltage. I suspect you will find that
> the voltage has been over-stated by Asus probe. But if that voltage is
> accurate, I'd replace the power supply. -Dave

You're right! Checked with a DMM and the voltages were all within a
+5% range. Why would ASUS Probe give such incorrect figures?