Question 12v RGB Header not detected in Aura (Crosshair VI)

sketchyfresh

Commendable
Sep 26, 2018
I have 3 of the deepcool rf120m rgb fans that are connected daisy chained to a 12v rgb header on my crosshair vi . Yet I cannot get the lighting to work to save my life. I've tried both of my 2 12v rgb headers. These fans have no controller, they daisy chain together and you plug the last fan into a 12v rgb plug and connect it via a 12v rgb header. Ive re-installed aura but no luck. I go on aura and try to "callibrate" the 12v header im using but the fans are not lighting up. Am i missing something?
Thanks!

sketchyfresh

Commendable
Sep 26, 2018
I purchased a pack of the deepcool rf120m rgb fans but I cannot get the lights to turn on on the fans. The fans have PWM and are connected to a pwm header fine. I have 3 fans daisy chained together and connected to the included 12v rgb plug and that is plugged into my 12v rgb header on my asus crosshair vi. Aura sync does not detect anything in the header. I have tried 2 different 12v headers as well. I have reassured they are connected correctly, and the 12v plug is connected directionally correct. I also have a 12v rgb LED strip controlled via my mobo in aura sync and that works great. But unfortunately, the lights in these fans are not turning on.

If anyone has any personal experience with this, or possibly some insight, im willing to try anything.
Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Have you made sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Also, I understand you've stated that you've taken note of the direction of the connectors but is the arrow on the connector plugged into the pin that is labeled +12v?

See if only one fan connected to said RGB header is capable of being lit up. I'd also ask you source a donor system to rule out a faulty fan pack.

TRENDING THREADS