12V VDC Intel fan to VCC power adapter

smtrejo

Honorable
Apr 11, 2017
Hi,

Can I wire a 12v VDC Intel fan to a 12v AC/CC power adapter? Note the "VDC" and "AC/CC". I plan to build a cooling pad for my laptop.

eliminador_de_1_5_a_12_vcc_500_ma_con_puntas_intercambiables_A_x1.jpg

I want to wire it like this: http://

Thanks!!!!

Solution
It looks like that power supply puts out DC based on the =-=-=-=- (but upside down) like symbol. (that means DC current) so yeah that will work just fine.

Just check the output with a volt meter first to affirm the polarity before attaching the fan.

also the forum link is I guess apt considering today's date, but next time please show it all, so that I know to use incognito... (I don't associate wit that stuff nor do I want to be associated with it)
It looks like that power supply puts out DC based on the =-=-=-=- (but upside down) like symbol. (that means DC current) so yeah that will work just fine.

Just check the output with a volt meter first to affirm the polarity before attaching the fan.

also the forum link is I guess apt considering today's date, but next time please show it all, so that I know to use incognito... (I don't associate wit that stuff nor do I want to be associated with it)

Solution