Question 12VHPWR seasonic vs evga supernova G6

Bitxan

Reputable
Mar 7, 2019
hello, I have the pcie 5.0 connector 12VHPWR for seasonic focus, I understand that the p6 1000w is manufactured by seasonic and based on the focus, can I safely use the adapter for a 3090ti or 4090?
Thanks

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I don't get one thing; if you already have Seasonic Focus 1000W PSU (since else-ways, you can't get Seasonic 12VHPWR adapter), then why would you use it with EVGA Supernova G6/P6 1000W PSU? Btw, your topic title says G6, while you list P6 in your post.

Bitxan

Reputable
Mar 7, 2019
I don't get one thing; if you already have Seasonic Focus 1000W PSU (since else-ways, you can't get Seasonic 12VHPWR adapter), then why would you use it with EVGA Supernova G6/P6 1000W PSU? Btw, your topic title says G6, while you list P6 in your post.
hello, my apologies, it's the P6, I bought it on sale at an excellent price for a second unit, indeed the adapter would be the one for the seasonic, but I'm worried that they may be electrically incompatible in the connection pins of the power supply.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
but I'm worried that they may be electrically incompatible in the connection pins of the power supply.

This is very likely, since while EVGA has sourced Seasonic as OEM, and Focus Plus platform is taken as a baseline, EVGA can dictate the pinout of their PSU.

Here, best bet would be contacting Seasonic directly and asking from them, since they did make the PSU after all. Though, unsure if Seasonic would disclose the exact PSU side pinout to you, for EVGA P6 unit. But for the very least, they can say if you can use Seasonic adapter with EVGA P6 PSU.

Reactions: Bitxan